[Feature Request] How to record video of nuitrack skeleton tracking

Hi,

I found in another post a [link] that is used to record coordinates and angles in a .csv file. I used and it works fine. However, I would like to know if there is a way to record the video that shows the skeleton while using the coordinates recorder.

Thanks!
(babak_case – Google Drive)

Hello, @daniela.

Unfortunately, there’s no such functionality. There’s only the ability to capture pure frames without skeletons in them. If this option is okay for you, let us know. Also, could you, please, tell us more about the case you are using the coordinates recorder for?

Thank you for your interest in the Nuitrack. We’re looking forward to your response.

We want to compute L5-S1 angle during lifting tasks so we needed the coordinates of the back. We also needed to record the video so that we can see in the coordinates in which part of the movement is the person. Is it fine to use this recorder? Or only the person who asked for it can use it?

Hello,

I also have a question about the recorder. I have been using it and it works incredibly good. However, does it only work for one person? I used it when two users were in the camera but it only recorded one. Is there a way to record both? I only care about the coordinates, not the angles.

Thank you.

Hello, @daniela.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you for the feedback. Answering your previous questions – yes, it is fine to use the recorder.
Currently, the recorder supports recording only one person.

Oh that is unfortunate. Is there a possibility to add this feature (record 2 people) in the future? I think it would be really useful for the community.

Thanks

Hello, @daniela.

Apologies for the delayed reply.

We’ll discuss the features requested by you at the nearest meeting, and we will let you know as soon as there’s some news. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Hi @gvr ,

I already know how to get a video of the skeleton using the recorder. I would really appreciate if you can add the possibility of recording the coordinates 2 people at the same time.

Thank you for all your help.

For those who are interested

• discussion are continued here and in email.
  • we consider to publish a new Nuitrack-based product/utility, which will cover similar needs (record/stream/export of body poses / skeletons).
  • currently this could be considered as a feature request so feel free to leave us a message in case it’s relevant for your project