Nuitrack_gl_sample fails to launch (0xc000007b)

Hello to all,

I just installed the Nuitrack SDK on my Windows 10 64bit machine using the 64bit installer found on the install page of the doc, and attempted to build the examples using CMake GUI 3.17.0 and Visual Studio 2019. It builds OK, but when I run the .exe, I get the following error :

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Now, I have seen on this forum that it means 32 and 64bit libraries are mixed, but I fail to see where. I apologize for my lack of knowledge of the Windows platform, but I would like some assistance to setup this example correctly.

If it helps, here is the output of CMake after running Configure:

Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.18362.0 to target Windows 10.0.18363.
The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.25.28610.4
The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.25.28610.4
Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Detecting C compile features
Detecting C compile features - done
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Detecting CXX compile features
Detecting CXX compile features - done
Configuring done

Thanks in advance for the help.

Was the license activated without errors?
Could you provide information on the CMake parameters, after the configuration with the choice of a generator?

Thank you for your answer.

The license was activated without any issue.

Do you mean these options ?

I left them blank, and used the default native compilers. I tried putting x64 for the platform instead of leaving it blank, but it didn’t change anything.

Hi pierre,

please try to use “Visual Studio 16 2019 Win64” from the drop-down list. Let me know if you have the same issue.

Hi Mikhail,

I’m afraid there is no such option in the drop-down list.

Pierre, please check do other SDK samples have the same issue as nuitrack_gl_sample, e.g. nuitrack_console_sample or nuitrack_csharp_sample? Thank you!

When running nuitrack_console_sample, I get the following messages :

Usage: nuitrack_console_sample [path/to/nuitrack.config]
ERROR: Can't create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can't open device (       DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can't initialize OpenNI Context (OpenNI Status: Xiron OS failed to get procedure address from shared library!)
API version mismatch: librealsense.so was compiled with API version 2.29.0 but the application was compiled with 2.25.0! Make sure correct version of the library is installed (make install)

When building the nuitrack_csharp_sample, I get the following messages :

1>------ Build started: Project: nuitrack_csharp_sample, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Compiling C# exe nuitrack_csharp_sample: 'C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/csc.exe /d:  /t:exe /out:nuitrack_csharp_sample.exe /platform:anycpu  /reference:System.dll;/reference:System.Drawing.dll;/reference:System.Windows.Forms.dll;/reference:C:/Users/pierre.burki/NIFFF20/NuitrackSDK/Examples/nuitrack_csharp_sample/../../Nuitrack/lib/csharp/nuitrack.net.dll C:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs'
1>Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.8.3752.0
1>
1>for C# 5
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1>
1>
1>This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240
1>
1>CUSTOMBUILD : warning CS2029: Invalid value for '/define'; '' is not a valid identifier
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(12,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.Program'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(14,22): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.Program.Main()'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(32,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(43,10): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.DirectBitmap(int, int)'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(52,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.SetPixel(int, int, System.Drawing.Color)'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(60,16): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.GetPixel(int, int)'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(69,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Dispose()'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(34,17): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Bitmap'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(36,18): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Bits'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(37,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Disposed'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(38,14): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Height'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(39,14): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.Width'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(41,22): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.DirectBitmap.BitsHandle'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(79,15): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(97,10): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm.MainForm()'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(180,4): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm.~MainForm()'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(185,27): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm.OnFormClosing(System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs)'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(209,27): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm.OnClick(System.EventArgs)'
1>c:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\Program.cs(216,27): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'nuitrack.MainForm.OnPaint(System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs)'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(231,5): warning MSB8065: Custom build for item "C:\Users\pierre.burki\NIFFF20\NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_csharp_sample\build\CMakeFiles\6666cd76f96956469e7be39d750cc7d9\nuitrack_csharp_sample.exe.rule" succeeded, but specified output "c:\nuitrack_csharp_sample.exe" has not been created. This may cause incremental build to work incorrectly.
1>Done building project "nuitrack_csharp_sample.vcxproj".

Update : I started over again using a fresh install, and got to the same point. The GL sample still fails to load with the same error as before, but the console and C# samples are different now. I hadn’t mentioned it before, but I followed the instructions given here for the glut setup.

The nuitrack_console_sample works perfectly fine now, and I get the following error when attempting to run the nuitrack_csharp_sample :

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'nuitrack.net, Version=1.0.7173.22851, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at nuitrack.Program.Main()

Now the fact that the C# sample doesn’t work doesn’t really bother me, as I do not intend to use the language. So if this error doesn’t help finding the cause of the problem preventing nuitrack_gl_sample to work, it can safely be ignored.

I’ve got a solution for this.
I followed the steps under “When I run nuitrack_ni_gl_sample (on Windows), I get an error: glut.h: No such file or directory” on the Nuitrack Knowledge Base.
But for step 3, “Install dynamic libraries:”, the instructions should be

• copy \bin\x86\glut32.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  • copy \bin\x64\glut32.dll to C:\Windows\System32

The x86 dll goes into SysWOW64, not System32. And the x64 dll goes into System32, not SysWOW64.