Orbbec Astra and RealSense L515 crash often in Unity and nuitrack runtime

Hi There

System Specs:
Memory: 16GB
CPU: 12th gen Intel i7-12700H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile
Hardware: MSI Crosshair 15

Im getting very frequent crashes running the “Play Test Unity Scene” in Unity Editor 2021.3.11f1 (and 3.20f1, 3.21f1, and 3.22f1) using the Orbbec Astra Pro and with a borrowed RealSense L515 (separately not together). It’s also happening in my own scene, but I’ve been testing with the Test Scene in a fresh project to keep things simple.

I originally had the 0.36.7 runtime and the latest Unity Package (28 Dec 2022 commit but the README appears to be from the 0.36.2 commit), but I’ve also just installed the 0.36.10 runtime.

What I did:

I installed nuitrack-ubuntu-amd64.deb (0.36.07 a few months ago, and 0.36.10 just now) and imported NuitrackSDK.unitypackage into a fresh Unity project as instructed. I made sure my camera is activated (Nuitrack Pro license when using the Orbbec and Trial for the RealSense), I opened the Nuitrack menu and selected “Tests > Play Test Unity Scene.” One of three things randomly happened over lots and lots of trials: 1) it crashes Unity Editor almost immediately. 2) it tracks my skeleton for anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds and then crashes, or 3) it tracks until I stop it, but this is pretty rare (say, 10% of the time).

I’ve tried changing camera ID to 0,1, and 2 in nuitrack.config (for the Orbbec). The first time I did this I got a false positive (case 3 above) and thought this had solved it, and immediately wrote a happy reply to that issue, but then, alas, the next time I hit play it crashed again and continues to do so. Changing the CameraID seems to have no effect.

There has been nothing of interest I can find in ~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log, until literally this minute when I ran it to be sure I got a log for when it crashed, which I’ve pasted below. The line (Unity:3091): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 18:14:43.776: gdk_window_get_cursor: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed jumps out but is very early and it didnt crash immediately this time (tracked my skeleton for about 5 seconds before crashing). I’m not sure if the crash report at the end points to the cause of the crash. I have the latest mono installed.

…AND I also get crashes in the nuitrack runtime app:

I launch the Nuitrack runtime app from the terminal. As it launches the GUI it prints the following into the terminal:

Can't find video camera!
Can't find depth camera!
Warning: USB events thread - failed to set priority. This might cause loss of data...

After I select the sensor in the drop down and click the Try Nuitrack! button, it does the same thing as in Unity (crashes immediately or after 5-10 seconds, or once in a while runs until I stop it), but it seemed a bit more reliable in 0.36.7 than in 0.36.10 (I haven’t had it not crash in this latest version and it crashed only about 50% of the time in the older version). When it crashes, it logs “Error: Sample failed. Exit code: 11”

The RealSense seems a bit more reliable than the Orbbec. I’ve been using the USB3.0 port exclusively for the RealSense and either the USB3.0 or USB2.0 port for the Orbbec without any difference.

Im on a rapidly approaching deadline so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance.

From Editor.log:

(Unity:3091): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 18:14:43.776: gdk_window_get_cursor: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Initialize udev device monitor.
[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 36635 was selected

and

Reloading assemblies after forced synchronous recompile.
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
Warning: USB events thread - failed to set priority. This might cause loss of data...
Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image /home/tkoterwas/Projects/Creative AI Residency/CameraTest/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/YamlDotNet/Unity.VisualScripting.YamlDotNet.dll
Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image /home/tkoterwas/Projects/Creative AI Residency/CameraTest/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/DotNetZip/Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip.dll
Native extension for LinuxStandalone target not found
Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 1.90 ms, found 0 plugins.
Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.
Fallback handler could not load library /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/lib/libnuitrack
<color=green><b>Test Nuitrack (ver.3610) init was successful! (type: Runtime)</b></color>
Current Scripting Backend Mono2x  Target:Standalone
Device  [Sensor Name: Astra, License: PRO]
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/StackTrace.cs:37)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log (UnityEngine.LogType,object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
NuitrackSDKEditor.ErrorSolver.NuitrackChecker:PingNuitrack () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs:89)
NuitrackSDKEditor.ErrorSolver.NuitrackChecker:.cctor () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs:20)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[]) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorAssemblies.cs:126)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs Line: 89)

[MODES] ModeService[none].Initialize
[MODES] ModeService[none].LoadModes
[MODES] Loading mode Default (0) for mode-current-id-CameraTest
Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
- Completed reload, in  0.944 seconds
Domain Reload Profiling:
	ReloadAssembly (944ms)
		BeginReloadAssembly (115ms)
			ExecutionOrderSort (0ms)
			DisableScriptedObjects (21ms)
			BackupInstance (0ms)
			ReleaseScriptingObjects (0ms)
			CreateAndSetChildDomain (45ms)
		EndReloadAssembly (771ms)
			LoadAssemblies (32ms)
			RebuildTransferFunctionScriptingTraits (0ms)
			SetupTypeCache (144ms)
			ReleaseScriptCaches (2ms)
			RebuildScriptCaches (33ms)
			SetupLoadedEditorAssemblies (186ms)
				LogAssemblyErrors (0ms)
				InitializePlatformSupportModulesInManaged (3ms)
				SetLoadedEditorAssemblies (0ms)
				RefreshPlugins (2ms)
				BeforeProcessingInitializeOnLoad (45ms)
				ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (121ms)
				ProcessInitializeOnLoadMethodAttributes (12ms)
				AfterProcessingInitializeOnLoad (3ms)
				EditorAssembliesLoaded (0ms)
			ExecutionOrderSort2 (0ms)
			AwakeInstancesAfterBackupRestoration (232ms)
Platform modules already initialized, skipping
Registering precompiled user dll's ...
Registered in 0.001761 seconds.
Asset Pipeline Refresh: Total: 1.066 seconds - Initiated by StopAssetImportingV2(ForceSynchronousImport | ForceDomainReload)
	Summary:
		Imports: total=0 (actual=0, local cache=0, cache server=0)
		Asset DB Process Time: managed=0 ms, native=96 ms
		Asset DB Callback time: managed=19 ms, native=0 ms
		Scripting: domain reloads=1, domain reload time=949 ms, compile time=1 ms, other=0 ms
		Project Asset Count: scripts=3979, non-scripts=886
		Asset File Changes: new=0, changed=0, moved=0, deleted=0
		Scan Filter Count: 0
	InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 0.111ms
	ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.044ms
	Scan: 0.000ms
	OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.000ms
	InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 11.033ms
	GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.453ms
	CategorizeAssets: 46.367ms
	ImportOutOfDateAssets: 979.648ms (977.761ms without children)
		CompileScripts: 0.954ms
		EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.449ms
		InitializingProgressBar: 0.000ms
		PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.328ms
		OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.157ms
	ReloadSourceAssets: 1.043ms
	UnloadImportedAssets: 0.832ms
	PostProcessAllAssets: 19.017ms
	GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.113ms
	UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.153ms
	LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.712ms
	GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 1.268ms
	PersistCurrentRevisions: 0.129ms
	UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.012ms
	GenerateScriptTypeHashes: 0.968ms
	Untracked: 23.714ms
Nuitrack Start Info:
NuitrackAI: False
Faces using: True
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/StackTrace.cs:37)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:555)
NuitrackManager:StartNuitrack () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:762)
NuitrackManager:Init () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:283)
NuitrackManager:Awake () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:271)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 555)

Nuitrack Init OK
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:563)
NuitrackManager:StartNuitrack () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:762)
NuitrackManager:Init () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:283)
NuitrackManager:Awake () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:271)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 563)

Nuitrack Run OK
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:566)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 566)

Loaded scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup'
	Deserialize:            15.484 ms
	Integration:            2231.645 ms
	Integration of assets:  0.278 ms
	Thread Wait Time:       -0.013 ms
	Total Operation Time:   2247.395 ms
Asset Pipeline Refresh: Total: 0.024 seconds - Initiated by RefreshV2(AllowForceSynchronousImport)
TrimDiskCacheJob: Current cache size 0mb
Nuitrack Stop OK
NuitrackManager:StopNuitrack () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:803)
NuitrackManager:OnDestroy () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:891)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 803)

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
	Deserialize:            7.169 ms
	Integration:            10.547 ms
	Integration of assets:  0.011 ms
	Thread Wait Time:       0.147 ms
	Total Operation Time:   17.875 ms
Unloading 258 unused Assets / (18.5 MB). Loaded Objects now: 7632.
Memory consumption went from 112.1 MB to 93.6 MB.
Total: 7.485724 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.301824 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.139124 ms MarkObjects: 4.759259 ms  DeleteObjects: 2.284979 ms)

Reloading assemblies for play mode.
Registered in 0.001955 seconds.
Reloading assemblies after forced synchronous recompile.
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image /home/tkoterwas/Projects/Creative AI Residency/CameraTest/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/YamlDotNet/Unity.VisualScripting.YamlDotNet.dll
Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image /home/tkoterwas/Projects/Creative AI Residency/CameraTest/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/DotNetZip/Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip.dll
Native extension for LinuxStandalone target not found
Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 1.88 ms, found 0 plugins.
Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.
Fallback handler could not load library /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/lib/libnuitrack
<color=green><b>Test Nuitrack (ver.3610) init was successful! (type: Runtime)</b></color>
Current Scripting Backend Mono2x  Target:Standalone
Device  [Sensor Name: Astra, License: PRO]
NuitrackSDKEditor.ErrorSolver.NuitrackChecker:PingNuitrack () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs:89)
NuitrackSDKEditor.ErrorSolver.NuitrackChecker:.cctor () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs:20)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[]) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorAssemblies.cs:126)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/Editor/ErrorSolver/NuitrackChecker.cs Line: 89)

[MODES] ModeService[none].Initialize
[MODES] ModeService[none].LoadModes
[MODES] Loading mode Default (0) for mode-current-id-CameraTest
Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
- Completed reload, in  0.962 seconds
Domain Reload Profiling:
	ReloadAssembly (962ms)
		BeginReloadAssembly (103ms)
			ExecutionOrderSort (0ms)
			DisableScriptedObjects (15ms)
			BackupInstance (0ms)
			ReleaseScriptingObjects (0ms)
			CreateAndSetChildDomain (44ms)
		EndReloadAssembly (801ms)
			LoadAssemblies (28ms)
			RebuildTransferFunctionScriptingTraits (0ms)
			SetupTypeCache (141ms)
			ReleaseScriptCaches (1ms)
			RebuildScriptCaches (33ms)
			SetupLoadedEditorAssemblies (210ms)
				LogAssemblyErrors (0ms)
				InitializePlatformSupportModulesInManaged (3ms)
				SetLoadedEditorAssemblies (0ms)
				RefreshPlugins (2ms)
				BeforeProcessingInitializeOnLoad (46ms)
				ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (143ms)
				ProcessInitializeOnLoadMethodAttributes (12ms)
				AfterProcessingInitializeOnLoad (3ms)
				EditorAssembliesLoaded (0ms)
			ExecutionOrderSort2 (0ms)
			AwakeInstancesAfterBackupRestoration (237ms)
Platform modules already initialized, skipping
Registered in 0.001749 seconds.
Asset Pipeline Refresh: Total: 1.084 seconds - Initiated by StopAssetImportingV2(ForceSynchronousImport | ForceDomainReload)
	Summary:
		Imports: total=0 (actual=0, local cache=0, cache server=0)
		Asset DB Process Time: managed=0 ms, native=99 ms
		Asset DB Callback time: managed=16 ms, native=0 ms
		Scripting: domain reloads=1, domain reload time=967 ms, compile time=1 ms, other=0 ms
		Project Asset Count: scripts=3979, non-scripts=886
		Asset File Changes: new=0, changed=0, moved=0, deleted=0
		Scan Filter Count: 0
	InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 0.113ms
	ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.048ms
	Scan: 0.000ms
	OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.001ms
	InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 7.907ms
	GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.439ms
	CategorizeAssets: 47.204ms
	ImportOutOfDateAssets: 1003.608ms (1001.647ms without children)
		CompileScripts: 0.955ms
		EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.459ms
		InitializingProgressBar: 0.000ms
		PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.327ms
		OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.219ms
	ReloadSourceAssets: 1.166ms
	UnloadImportedAssets: 0.896ms
	PostProcessAllAssets: 16.428ms
	GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.120ms
	UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.041ms
	LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.811ms
	GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 1.004ms
	PersistCurrentRevisions: 0.135ms
	UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.017ms
	GenerateScriptTypeHashes: 0.944ms
	Untracked: 20.965ms
Nuitrack Start Info:
NuitrackAI: False
Faces using: True
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:555)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 555)

Nuitrack Init OK
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:563)

(Filename: Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs Line: 563)

Nuitrack Run OK
NuitrackManager:NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/Scripts/NuitrackManager.cs:566)

Deserialize:            9.539 ms
	Integration:            2013.920 ms
	Integration of assets:  0.009 ms
	Thread Wait Time:       -0.005 ms
	Total Operation Time:   2023.463 ms
Asset Pipeline Refresh: Total: 0.064 seconds - Initiated by RefreshV2(AllowForceSynchronousImport)

=================================================================
	Native Crash Reporting
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.

Native stacktrace:
	0x7f3af3915062 - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f3af38bdd3d - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f3af3843250 - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f3d0ca42520 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 
	0x7f3ac9618ed7 - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f3ac8f8602c - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f3ac8f86abb - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f3d149705fe - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/libfbxsdk.so : 
	0x7f3d0ca94b43 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 
	0x7f3d0cb26a00 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 

Telemetry Dumper:
Thread 0x7f39adffb640 may have been prematurely finalized* Assertion at mono-threads.c:702, condition `info' not met, function:mono_thread_info_current, 
Assertion failed on expression: 'watch.tracker'
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x38
OpenCV Error: Assertion failed (key_ != -1 && "Can't fetch data from terminated TLS container.") in getData, file /builds/3divi-3rdparty/opencv/modules/core/src/system.cpp, line 1532
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
  what():  /builds/3divi-3rdparty/opencv/modules/core/src/system.cpp:1532: error: (-215) key_ != -1 && "Can't fetch data from terminated TLS container." in function getData

Hello @tkoterwas

As far as I know, there is also a realsense viewer for Ubuntu. Try to install. What usb version is displayed there?

Hi @Stepan.Reuk. Thanks so much for your quick reply. It shows 3.2 and runs robustly in the realsense viewer

Hi @tkoterwas,

Could you please launch the nuitrack_sample app and send us an error message that you will see there?

Hi @vadim.bazhin

Thanks for replying:

$ nuitrack_sample
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
Create DepthProvider: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Is there another log file where I might see errors?

Thanks again and all the best,

Ted

@vadim.bazhin I ran nuitrack_sample with the RealSense (the previous time was with the Orbbec), and it didnt crash, but then I ran the Unity Test Scene and it was OK for the first time, but then playing it a second time it crashed and I got the following crash report dialogue:

Obtained 13 stack frames.
#0  0x007f6821242520 in __sigaction
#1  0x007f6821297f74 in pthread_mutex_lock
#2  0x007f6609ebdd83 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#3  0x007f6609eba1d6 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#4  0x007f6609eba669 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#5  0x007f6609ebaad2 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#6  0x007f6609e6ccaf in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#7  0x007f6609e6d6de in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#8  0x007f660a08231e in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#9  0x007f660a082bd8 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#10 0x007f68291705fe in execute_native_thread_routine_compat
#11 0x007f6821294b43 in pthread_condattr_setpshared
#12 0x007f6821326a00 in __xmknodat

and in Editor.log:

Nuitrack Run OK

Deserialize:            9.565 ms
	Integration:            1803.613 ms
	Integration of assets:  0.013 ms
	Thread Wait Time:       0.107 ms
	Total Operation Time:   1813.298 ms
Asset Pipeline Refresh: Total: 0.017 seconds - Initiated by RefreshV2(AllowForceSynchronousImport)

Native Crash Reporting
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.

Native stacktrace:
	0x7f6636115062 - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f66360bdd3d - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f6636043250 - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/MonoEmbedRuntime/libmonobdwgc-2.0.so : 
	0x7f6821242520 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 
	0x7f660a418ed7 - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f6609d8602c - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f6609d86abb - /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so : 
	0x7f68291705fe - /home/tkoterwas/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.11f1/Editor/libfbxsdk.so : 
	0x7f6821294b43 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 
	0x7f6821326a00 - /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : 

Telemetry Dumper:
Thread 0x7f650e7fc640 may have been prematurely finalized* Assertion at mono-threads.c:702, condition `info' not met, function:mono_thread_info_current, 
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x18
Assertion failed on expression: 'watch.tracker'
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x38
#2  0x007f6609ebdd83 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#3  0x007f6609eba1d6 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#4  0x007f6609eba669 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#5  0x007f6609ebaad2 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#6  0x007f6609e6ccaf in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#7  0x007f6609e6d6de in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#8  0x007f660a08231e in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#9  0x007f660a082bd8 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
Launching bug reporter
Launching bug reporter
Launching bug reporter
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/status_11206': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/status_11206': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/maps_11206': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/maps_11206': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/smaps_11206': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/smaps_11206': Permission denied
#1  0x00563c039e6837 in Performance::TrackerManager::StartWatch(unsigned long)
#2  0x00563c0379d45a in Ticker::TickProfileInternal(bool)
#3  0x00563c03d7ca50 in Application::TickTimer()
#4  0x00563c03e1ae3a in MainMessageIteration(void*)
#5  0x007f6824f1bc44 in g_main_context_dispatch
#6  0x007f6824f706c8 in g_io_channel_new_file
#7  0x007f6824f1b2b3 in g_main_loop_run
#8  0x007f6821a48cfd in gtk_main
#9  0x00563c03e19ff7 in main
#10 0x007f6821229d90 in __libc_init_first
#11 0x007f6821229e40 in __libc_start_main
#12 0x00563c01ff9029 in _start
Launching bug reporter
Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created.
Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created.
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QObject(0x2008f50), parent's thread is QThread(0x1e37400), current thread is Thread(0x1ef0450)
(Parent is QObject(0xcedd20), parent's thread is QThread(0xb1c400), current thread is Thread(0xdec0d0)
(Parent is QObject(0x18c4a60), parent's thread is QThread(0x16f4400), current thread is Thread(0x1ce34d0)
(Parent is QObject(0x1da7ad0), parent's thread is QThread(0x1bd5400), current thread is Thread(0x1c250f0)
Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0x970dcc3a58
Obtained 20 stack frames.
#1  0x007f6820ef42a0 in std::string::compare(std::string const&) const
#2  0x007f660a0921c6 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#3  0x007f660a09240c in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#4  0x007f660a083fad in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#5  0x007f660a08419b in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#6  0x007f6609f94882 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#7  0x007f660a0a8567 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#8  0x007f660a0a75e2 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#9  0x007f660a0a78b2 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#10 0x007f660a0a7a3f in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#11 0x007f660a10986c in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#12 0x007f6609faaa67 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#13 0x007f6609fab18c in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#14 0x007f6609fab40f in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#15 0x007f6609facb15 in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#16 0x007f6609eaa48e in void tdv::nuitrack::middleware::Core::registerModule<tdv::nuitrack::middleware::ReidentificationModule>()
#17 0x007f68291705fe in execute_native_thread_routine_compat
#18 0x007f6821294b43 in pthread_condattr_setpshared
#19 0x007f6821326a00 in __xmknodat
Launching bug reporter
(Parent is QObject(0x161ee60), parent's thread is QThread(0x1191400), current thread is Thread(0x1362d60)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::wrapexcept<boost::lock_error>'
  what():  boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argument

Thanks again for your help

Hi @tkoterwas,

Please make sure that the options “Reidentification.ToUse” and “Faces.ToUse” (from the $NUITRACK_HOME/data/nuitrack.config file) is “false” and run nuitrack_sample again. Will you get the same result?

Do you encounter this problem on version 0.36.0?

Hi @vadim.bazhin

Those settings are both set to false in the config file. I wasn’t getting any crash reporting when running 0.36.7, just silent crashes.

All the best,

Ted

Could you please try version 0.36.0? Will you have any crashes there?

Hi @vadim.bazhin

I’ve installed 0.36.0 and so far no crashes with either camera!!! Honestly, you are a lifesaver. Exhibition opens Monday, and I may just be able to sleep at night…

Thank you so much.

Ted

1 Like

Hi @tkoterwas,

How are you? Is version 0.36.0 working for you stably?

Unfortunately we could not reproduce your problem with ubuntu:22.04 and Nuitrack v0.36.10. It seems that in your case there is some unique configuration of the environment.

Can you try this version? Will it be stable for you? Can you confirm that this version is stable and this version is not stable on your system?

Thanks.

Hi @vadim.bazhin

Yes. 0.36.0 is working stably. It’s currently installed in an exhibition with the Orbbec Astra Pro and hasn’t crashed yet at all. I wont be able to test the other versions until the exhibition ends on the 16th, but will try them next week.

Thanks so much again for your help. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I wont be able to test the other versions until the exhibition ends on the 16th, but will try them next week.

Thank you. We will be waiting for news from you about this.

Hi @tkoterwas

Can you try this version? Will it be stable for you? Can you confirm that this version is stable and this version is not stable on your system?

I wont be able to test the other versions until the exhibition ends on the 16th, but will try them next week.

How are you? Did you manage to check it?