A couple of questions about Nuitracker

Hello. I am working on an interactive project and I’m not sure if Nuitracker is a good fit for my use case, so I have some questions about the tracking solution and the UE5 plugin.

1. Does the tracking set the armature at the right position when it tracks? For my application I want the mesh of the user to always be at the correct position in the “camera frame”. So if the user goes in and out on the left side that should be reflected on the game screen as well - the game character will show up on the left side, like a mirror image.

2. Are there any problems building a project in UE 5.2 or 5.3 with the Nui plugin? Can I send the data from a depth camera over the internet with OBS virtual camera or some other method to Nuitracker?

3. Is there available data I can use in UE for when the tracking is not active?

Hello @esdjbb

1. If I understood the question correctly, then yes.

Are there any problems building a project in UE 5.2 or 5.3 with the Nui plugin?

No. Projects with the plugin are being built successfully

Can I send the data from a depth camera over the internet with OBS virtual camera or some other method to Nuitracker?

Can you describe this use case in more detail?

1. Maybe I don’t quite understand your question. If the user is not in the frame, there is still data such as RGB and depth frames, for example. What kind of data would you like to receive?

You can download the plugin for free from the UE-Marketplace and try the samples.

For question 3, I think it will be easier to explain the use case:
The project will be projected on a wall (or displayed on a large LED wall) in a museum or gallery.
Can I use a device in the middle - for instance a raspberry pi - to send the camera data on the internet to a remote PC running the Unreal project?
Connecting everyting on site might be difficult for us.

Thank you.

@esdjbb
Perhaps in this case it will help you: “Nuitrack Daemon is an prebuilt executable which provides REST API access to Nuitrack”
https://github.com/3DiVi/nuitrack-sdk/blob/master/doc/Nuitrack_Daemon.md