Astra pro OpenNI

Hi:
recently,I am developing an project about hand and body tracking, my sensor is Astra pro, I use openNi for developing, when I want to create a Hand node:
xn::HandsGenerator _handsGen;
_handsGen.create(context);
the return value was 65565, and the system noticed that can’t create any node.
I am confused about the error, is that the problem of the device?please help me, thank you!

Hi ChrisBao,

1. First of all, install OpenNI 1.5 (<install-folder>\OpenNI-Win32-1.5.7-Dev.msi, <install-folder>\OpenNI-Win64-1.5.7-Dev.msi for 64-bit). Also, install OpenNI-1.5 Primesense/ORBBEC driver (<install-folder>\Primesense-Sensor-5.1.6.6-Win-x86.msi, <install-folder>\Primesense-Sensor-5.1.6.6-Win-x64.msi for 64-bit).

2. Then, you should register the Nuitrack dynamic module for OpenNI 1.5:

32-bit:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI\Bin\niReg.exe" -r <install-folder>\nuitrack\bin\libnuitrack_ni.dll <install-folder>\nuitrack\data

64-bit:
"C:\Program Files\OpenNI\Bin64\niReg64.exe" -r <install-folder>\nuitrack\bin\libnuitrack_ni.dll <install-folder>\nuitrack\data

1. When building your app, you have to use header files from NuitrackSDK\Examples\nuitrack_ni_gl_samples\OpenNI and library located here: C:\Program Files\OpenNI\Lib64\openNI64.lib (for 64-bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI\Lib\openNI.lib (for 32-bit).

An example of work with OpenNI API is nuitrack_ni_gl_sample in Nuitrack SDK\Examples.