Best capture angle?

Hello,

I want to create an application that validates a sport movement (for example, the squat).
Where should I put the camera to get better results? Will the tracking be more accurate in front of the person or in profile to the person (90°) ?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi @simonlojelis,

You will get the best results when you mount the camera towards the person’s frontal position (the camera should have a minimum tilt angle). You can see all recommendations here.

Hi @simonlojelis,

How are you? Has your issue been solved?
Would be great if you could provide some reply/feedback, we will be ready to help.
Thanks.

Hello,

After tests with my team, indeed placing the camera facing the subject gives the best results.
However, we did some tests outside and Nuitrack didn’t detect anything : camera problem. We think that it comes from the way the depth is evaluated with the infrared rays of the camera.

To conclude, Nuitrack has no real problem and is efficient but you have to be careful to choose the appropriate equipment.

In any case, the best results will be indoors I think.

Hi @simonlojelis,

What sensor are you using? Generally, stereo type sensors (e.g. Intel Realsense) are suitable for outdoor case.

Hi @simonlojelis,

Has your issue been solved? Do you have any other questions I can help you with?