Body Fitness Angle Measurement

Hi All,
I know Nuitrack SDK provide skeletal detection feature and it compatible to D435 but do Nuitrack able to calculate the measurement of posture with the feature or it is different feature?

My objective is use to calculate the angle of body posture during the exercise to ensure they are in right posture such as kickbutt, jumping jack, push-up and etc in Real-Time so put in simple this feature is operating during the user exercise in front of camera. It not mean by capture an image of user and calculate the measurement.

If you require any further information, let me know. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank You,
Sincerely

Josh Khor

Hi Josh, Nuitrack allows you to calculate all of this in real time, but seems that basic programming skills will be required to interpret this information and display it via some kind of GUI…

Thanks Dmitow,
Does 1 depth camera is enough to use the feature? I mean like the user stand and facing the camera doing dumbbell training like the picture shown below will the feature able to measure angle changes of the arm from letting down to held it up

Or this must need a second camera to place at side of the user to measure? Besides, I want to get measurement of the body to ensure the user stand straight do this possible?

If you require any further information, let me know. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank You,
Sincerely

Josh Khor

Hi Dmitow,

Is my concern is out of technical sense? May I have any update on my concern upon my intention to use nuitrack?

Hi Josh, í´m working in a similar project. I´m measuring in real time some joint angles and postures with OPENCV. For some exercises a single camera is enought. However, my main problem is the camera selection. I have two RealSense right now (415 and 435) and I found their field of view is quite limited for this application. Which camera are you considering? I´m available for any cooperation work. Thanks for your time. marcos.-