Camera support - Orbbec Gemini 2

I was going over the list of supported cameras and the Orbbec ones piqued my interest. Specifically the Gemini 2 and Gemini 2L, as they just seem like a better version of the Intel D435/D435i camera. Do you have any plans on supporting the Gemini cameras in the near future?

Hi @NUIty,

Orbbec Gemini 2 sensor already supported at the moment, support of Orbbec Gemini 2L we plan to add in the very near future (we expect the sensor to be delivered to us in the next couple of weeks).

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Oh… that is great to hear! In that case I can only suggest that you update, and keep updating, your main website with all of the supported cameras.

Thanks for the advice, we are currently preparing an update for that page.
In addition, you can get all the latest information about updates from this page.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.

Hey,

I’m also please with this news ! Would love to see the behaviour with Gemini 2 ?
Doest it run better than Realsense? We have more pixels and fps in depth right?

Thanks a lot for any feedback on it :slight_smile:

Hi @jbaessens,

Orbbec Gemini 2 really seems to be an improved version of the cameras from Realsense, it has a better depth map. But I had some problems with their software - the infrared flashlight was blinking for no reason. Perhaps this is a feature of the first batches, but nevertheless be careful when testing.

Thanks for your feedback and warning! :slight_smile: