ColorSensor event not firing

Hi, I am working with some custom code of my own creation, and I can get all of the other events to fire, but no matter what I have tried, I cannot get the color sensor event to fire. I went back to the demo provided by Nuitrack, and the color event does not even fire within that code either. Is this a config file parameter that needs to be changed? What other reason could there be for the color sensor event not firing?

Which device are you using ?

The color events cant fire if the sensor you are using is not configured correctly.

For example if you are using an Astra Pro - you will need to set the CamerId in the config to the correct value.

"AstraProPerseeDepthProvider": {
    "Windows": {
        "CameraID": -1

In most cases it would be 0 or 1 depending on if you also have a webcam configured on your test device/

Westa

Thanks for the response Westa!

I am using the Astra Pro on a laptop with a built-in webcam, so I would need to change that CameraID to 0 or 1? I will try that in the morning, because that is likely the issue then.

SKO

yes id is -1 by default - which says - dont connect to a color camera using local USB

the rest is trial and error - it will depend on the order that the Camera Devices are enumerated.
In most of our tests - the internal USB enumerates first - BUT we have also see some cases where that is not the result.

Also we have seen situations where the enumeration order changes at bootup - depending on if the sensor is already plugged in on not.

Westa

Ok, sounds like I’m going to have to set the config variable in code, then do some sort of a watchdog if I don’t get a color frame, then rinse repeat until I find one or get to 5 I guess. You would think that there would be a more reliable way to check for the color sensor. I thought the -1 was just a go find it yourself, which was why I was baffled as to why I wasn’t getting any images.

There are a number of ways to do it … but not with the sdk … we have created some extra code libraries that run before we fire up nuitrack … they do things like discover what devices are connected.

So that yes we can make changes to the nuitrack.config at runtime.

Have a read of the notes here - they maybe be of some use to you depending on the language you are using.
https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/278986/Webcam-Detect-in-c-sharp

Westa