Compatibility test issue on Linux

I’m trying to activate Nuitrack trial license on Linux without success.
I tried with an Orbbec Astra Pro and a RealSense d415 with the same result.

nuitrack_sample works, shows the depth image and displays a message that I should get a license at nuitrack.com.

nuitrack_license_tool on the other hand hangs up during Compatibility test. The window with the depth map is not shown as expected. I read several posts on this forum, made sure $NUITRACK_HOME/data is writable, but nothing helped so far.

I cannot install the deb package, because I’m not on a debian based distro. I extracted the package contents to a folder, set NUITRACK_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly. The applications run, the cameras work from other applications, but not from nuitrack_license_tool.

Earlier versions of Nuitrack, before the trial license activation requirement also worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to solve the issue.

– Gabor

1 Like

As you’ve said, you unpacked the deb package to a custom directory, however, our activation utility (nuitrack_license_tool) is looking for a sample in /usr/bin/nuitrack_sample.

You can try this option:

• grant permissions to run the files from the bin directory:
    chmod +x <user_path>/bin/*
  • run nuitrack_sample from a custom directory with -cert:
    ./nuitrack_sample -cert
    As a result, the file “e24b…” should be created in $NUITRACK_HOME/data
  • modify the script nuitrack_license_tool: specify the path to the binary file QtNuitrackLicense
  • run nuitrack_license_tool from the bin directory (the field for entering the license key should be active), enter the key and activate the license.
1 Like

Thanks @iosif.semenyuk. This works well.

I could not use nuitrack_license_tool for some reason, but running ./QtNuitrackLicense directly worked.

Otherwise I got some errors probably caused by newer ssl libs according to this https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/issues/3001:

QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_num_locks
QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_set_id_callback
QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_set_locking_callback
QSslSocket: cannot resolve ERR_free_strings
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_new_null
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_push
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_free
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_num
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_pop_free
QSslSocket: cannot resolve sk_value
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_library_init
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_load_error_strings
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv23_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv23_server_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve X509_STORE_CTX_get_chain
QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLeay
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLeay_version
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function CRYPTO_num_locks
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function CRYPTO_set_id_callback
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function CRYPTO_set_locking_callback
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function sk_num

I don’t get the business model here. I would /love/ to buy this product, but if you can’t even enter the activation codes for the trial it really doesn’t inspire confidence. I’ve tried running this on ubuntu and windows 10 and nothing works. How about just releasing it as open source and save one feature as a dll/so for dynamic load which you can buy as an add on? At least then you might get help to make it install properly.

On linux the proposed solution fails as:

$ nuitrack_sample -cert
Can’t find video camera!
Can’t find Depth camera!
Cannot identify ‘/dev/video0’: 2, No such file or directory
Cannot identify ‘/dev/video0’: 2, No such file or directory
ERROR: Can’t create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
KinectDepthProvider: Devices not found
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t enumerate Realsense2 camera
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can’t create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)

Can’t create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
KinectDepthProvider: Devices not found
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t enumerate Realsense2 camera
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can’t create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)

I’m using an Intel Realsense 435i, and the SDK is installed but it doesn’t provide any /dev/video. Is it possible to make the compatibility tool aware of the Realsense device?

Doesn’t the 435i have an rgb feed? According to the specs it should:

Do you have the libusb.rules files installed?
Have you tried running librealsense realsense-viewer? Can you watch both video feeds? I encountered faulty cameras in the past without the rgb feed.

Yes, all the rs-* files run (except the pose-tracking which shouldn’t work). It has a working RGBD feed. realsense-viewer works too.

I just tried my RealSense 435 and it works with the sample. It should be very similar to the 435i I think.
I also get these console messages, so they are probably not a problem:

$ ./bin/nuitrack_sample 
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider

Maybe try other usb3 ports? Or try it with sudo?

I think the issue simply is that the realsense SDK wasn’t compiled with the v4l2 driver support. Intel doesn’t officially support Ubuntu 20.04 LTS but has some recommendations on how to get it to work anyway. I guess I’ll have to go back and see if I can make the SDK work with v4l2.

Maybe check ldd libNuitrackModule.so if it finds all the dynamic libs then.

It does. Initially libpng12 was missing, but after I installed that it found all its libraries. Also, it would likely complain explicitly about missing libraries and refuse to start, wouldn’t it?

Officially, Nuitrack does not support Ubuntu 20.04. However, we are working on support for Ubuntu 20.04. We’ll notify our customers as soon as we add support for this platform.

hi, I’m back after stated rumor that you know support Ubuntu 20.

I managed to register my license using the license tool, but when I run the sample I get this:
nuitrack_sample
Can’t find video camera!
Can’t find Depth camera!
Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider
NUITRACK: LicenseNotAcquired exception (ExceptionType: 6)

Before the program shuts down I see a black silhouette which runs for ~5s.

What should I do to fix this?

Ok, so I just discovered that if I run the nuitrack_device_api_sample it asks me for the activation key. Re-entering this key will enable the other tests as well. So I guess I don’t have a problem for now although it’s confusing that I already entered my pro license in the license management tool but now had to enter it again.