Confidence of joints are value 0f or 0.75f only?

Hi there!

I am trying to get confidence of a joint.

I should be able to get a value from 0 to 1.
But, I got values are 0 or 0.75 only.

How do i get the correct values?

1 Like

I have the same problem, did you found a solution to get a value from 0 to 1 ?

That’s the only two values that I have ever seen reported - 0.0 for no joint confidence or 0.75 for good joint confidence.

Westa

1 Like

Is there a solution to this? This must be a bug right? When my joints are spasting all over the screen it still returns .75. The confidence value is pretty useless if it only returns true or false basically

I guess the API is designed so, in the future, if the runtime is able to better determine the level of confidence, to return better estimations.

Mi current assumption, looking into the future:

• Any joint confidence over 0.5 will be good enough to be used.
  • Any joint confidence below 0.5 will be too noisy or unavailable, so I should discard that joint.
2 Likes

We have this problem as well with both KinectV2 and Realsense D435. Could we please get official reply whether this is intentional? The Nuitrack activation tool shows even joints that are obscured (as blue) so is it possible that confidence values work there correctly but not in the Unity? Having zero confidence from poorly detected or obscured joints is great disadvantage to us.

Hi @CSEdev!
In the standard Nuitrack version, only two possible confidence values are actually used. However, this may be changed in the future, so it is best not to be tied to specific values. In general, confidence can be any real number from the interval of [0, 1]. The rule suggested by @vpenades can be used to define joints with high and low confidence levels.
In the example from the activation tool, all joints with low confidence are marked in blue, not necessarily obscured.

1 Like