DLL hell : new intel Realsense L515 not getting detected

I had the previous generation real sense working, but the new L515 gives an error in nuitrack_sample.exe.

ERROR: Can’t create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t enumerate Realsense2 camera
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can’t create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)

Can’t create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t enumerate Realsense2 camera
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can’t create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)

I’m guessing I need to upgrade the realsense2 dll but replacing it doest work. If I swap out the realsense2.dll provided by NUITRACK sdk with the dll from latest intel it gives a new error:

ERROR: Can’t create DepthSensor module
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t initialize Realsense2: rs2_config_resolve(config:000000000D5012C0, pipe:000000000D504460):

I tried switching out the realsense2.dll but that provided a different error

ERROR: indent preformatted text by 4 spaces Can’t create DepthSensor module
)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can’t initialize Realsense2: rs2_config_resolve(config:000000000D5012C0, pipe:000000000D504460):

any suggestions on how to get the new realsense dll working with nuitrack so I can use the new sensors?

+1

Would love to see what this new sensor can deliver.

The new sensor is more stable in the intel viewer, but doesn’t work at all in nuitrack. I haven’t tested cubemos yet.

Given the baked in nature of the Realsense API with Nuitrack there would likely be no way to access the L515 until a new version of Nuitrack is released with a compatible compile of the realsense api

Westa

Support for Intel RealSense L515 is in our road map, however, the exact time frame hasn’t been determined yet.