ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)

Hi,

I’m using a Intel Realsense D415 and I try to use Nuitrack to achieve Skeleton Tracking.
I followed instructions and configured everything as requested, then I try to run nuitrack_c11_sample.exe.
Here is the error message I get :

Start nuitrack c11
ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can’t create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
Can’t find video camera!
Can’t find Depth camera!
ERROR: Couldn’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
DepthProviderManager: Couldn’t open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)
DepthProviderManager: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can’t create any node of the requested type!)
Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider

Note that depth is well displayed by Nuitrack despite this error.

This topic mentioned the same error, without providing any solution :

I have done some search and it looks like the problem could come from NITE :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openni-dev/Yk-YiwDFgNA/CI1mbJy7nfQJ
I tried to install it, but I still get the same error …

Thanks for your help,

Clément

They are NOT errors - just ignore them - its a set of diagnostics that show how nuitrack attempts to find a sensor to connect to - if it doesnt find a sensor type shows a message for that type - it keeps doing this till it finds a sensor type that its happy with.

Westa

Hi Westa, thank you for your answer.

If there are no errors, the executable “nuitrack_c11_sample.exe” should track my body, isn’t it ? Actually, I can only see the depth of the camera, nothing else happens …

Moreover, I tested the “NuiTrack SDK Sample Program” (http://unanancyowen.com/en/nuitrack-sdk-samples/)
supposed to provide functions of hand-tracking and skeleton-tracking. But this time, only the RGB stream is displayed (with the same error message).

TL;DR : Is there a way to check if Nuitrack works correctly with my Intel Realsense D415 by displaying body tracking ?

Clément

Hi Kano,

FWIW - Stand up and step back at least a meter - the system is showing you the depth data from the intelsensor as a greyscale map.

For nuitrack to operate correctly - please look at the setup details in the documentation. It shows the optimum position for the sensor - which is roughly 1.5m.

Until you are in an optimum position - nuitrack will struggle to show any skeleton - the way the system works is by analyzing the depth data - and using AI style recognition systems to find what looks like a human body.

Westa