[Feature Request - official ROS support] Segmentation fault - ROS - Nuitrack SDK - nuitrack_body_tracker - Intel REALSENSE D435i

Hi, I’m trying to run GitHub - shinselrobots/nuitrack_body_tracker: ROS node for the Nuitrack SDK, publishes position and skeleton of people detected, and I’m getting a segmentation fault. It seems to me that it is coming from the SDK but I’m not certain as the repository I’m trying to run is quite old.

I have activated a trial license and nuitrack_sample works fine.

Any ideas on what the problem is ? Thanks.

In (gdb) :

Thread 45 "nuitrack_body_t" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffb8dd2700 (LWP 10142)]
0x00007ffff58607d1 in tdv::nuitrack::device::NuitrackDeviceImpl::getInfo(tdv::nuitrack::device::DeviceInfo::Type) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/nuitrack/libmiddleware.so

After (gdb) bt :

#0  0x00007ffff58607d1 in tdv::nuitrack::device::NuitrackDeviceImpl::getInfo(tdv::nuitrack::device::DeviceInfo::Type) () at /usr/local/lib/nuitrack/libmiddleware.so
#1  0x00007fffdddd649b in  () at /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so
#2  0x00007fffdddfd9d0 in  () at /usr/etc/nuitrack/middleware/libNuitrackModule.so
#3  0x00007ffff6ae9a50 in  () at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
#4  0x00007ffff620b6db in start_thread (arg=0x7fffb8dd2700) at pthread_create.c:463
#5  0x00007ffff654461f in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:95

Configuration :
lsb_release -a :

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Release:	18.04
Codename:	bionic

ROS version : melodic

Camera : Intel REALSENSE D435i

Hi @pkostic

This repository is not maintained by the Nuitrack team. Have you managed to contact the repository owner?

Hi @pkostic

Any luck with contacting the repository owner? Has your issue been solved? Nuitrack is interested in using our SDK in robotics, we can consider options for adding official ROS support.

Yes, an attempt was made but no response and the repository is effectively abandoned. We are working on our own simple solution to transform the Nuitrack data into tf data for use with ROS. We are considering using Nuitrack for our project and would greatly appreciate if official ROS support was added (especially for the Python wrapper).