Jerky, glicty, abrupt and unsmooth, jittery handtracking movement

Hi Everyone,
As the title explains i’m having serious trouble with un-smooth hand movement on the screen.
I have tried to change the values inside the Nuitrack.config file
“HandTracker”: {
“SkeletonSupport”: true,
“HandMode”: “grab3d”,
“CoordsMode”: “abs”,
“TrainedClassificator”: “handtracker/svm_grab.xml”,
“HandPointerFrame”: {
“DistanceBetweenFrames”: 150.0,
“Width”: 300.0,
“Height”: 150.0
}
},
I have noticed little improvement when increased the “Width” and “Height” values but at the same time test the same product at another system, get the same unsmooth, glichy movement.

Or if anyone can tell me what these values mean and either they are in px or etc.?

I’m wondering if i need to adjust the resolution or the proportion of the values.

Looking forward to hear any suggestion.

Hi @omfu

Or if anyone can tell me what these values mean and either they are in px or etc.?

HandPointerFrame can be represented as a rectangle area (or a virtual frame), in which a user’s hand is moved. There are two HandPointerFrames: one for a left hand and one for a right hand. Movement of hands are projected to HandPointerFrames and then the position of a hand on a virtual frame is converted to the position of a pointer on a screen.

The bigger the frame is, the less sensitive the pointer is, and vice versa. Width and Height mean the size of the rectangle (HandPointerFrame) in pixels. DistanceBetweenFrames means the distance between the centers of these two rectangles (one for a right hand and one for a left hand).

You can set your own values of Width, Height, and DistanceBetweenFrames in order to correct the sensitivity of a cursor.