Memory-type game projected on the floor

Hello everyone. Perhaps it’s a simple issue, but I’d like to understand it better. I’ve created a Memory-like game using Unity and I use Nuitrack to detect joints. The game is projected on the ground. The camera (Astra Pro) can only be placed on the ceiling. I’ve used trigger techniques and when a joint enters, it flips the cards. I’m not sure if this is the right choice. It seems that Orbbec isn’t detecting well. Any ideas? Thank you so much, Michele.

I’ve realised that if the camera is overhead, the skeleton is not identified. I’ve moved the camera to a pole at a 45-degree angle. However, I have the issue that the movement on the floor doesn’t correspond to the movement of the joints.
I don’t understand how to centre the game with the camera, in addition to having a mirroring issue.
Please, if anyone can respond. This is a school project and I need to understand how to proceed.
many thaks
Michele

Hi @minux,

in addition to having a mirroring issue.

To fix this, you can set DepthProvider.Mirror to true in the %NUITRAC_HOME%/data/nuitrack.config file (or false if you want to disable mirroring).

I don’t understand how to centre the game with the camera

Could you please send a screenshot with this problem? I think enabling the DepthProvider.Depth2ColorRegistration option in the %NUITRAC_HOME%/data/nuitrack.config file should help you with this.

Looking forward to your response.

Hi @minux,

How are you? Has your issue been solved?
Would be great if you could provide some reply/feedback, we will be ready to help.
Thanks.

Hi Vadim, yes, I’ve solved it. The problem is that the camera is on the ceiling, so I don’t have much precision. Do you have any ideas about it?

Hi @minux,

Is your platform Android or Desktop (Windows/Linux x64)? If you have a Desktop platform, could you please check the Nuitrack AI Skeleton Tracking feature by enabling it as described here. Does this solve your issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Hi @vadim.bazhin
I work with Unity and Windows 11. The platform is Windows. I have the Nuitrack SDK license. I’ve read what you suggested to me, but I don’t understand how I can use it. First of all, do I need to use Cuda and cuDNN? And if I don’t have NVidia? My problem is that from the ceiling, I only see the head and shoulders, not the entire skeleton.
many thanks
Michele

forgot, I use Orbbec Astra pro

Hi @minux,

Your case significantly goes beyond the working range of the standard Skeleton Tracker, so as a solution, I suggest including AI Skeleton Tracker, which covers more complex cases.

To turn on Nuitrack AI skeleton tracking:

• open the nuitrack.config file from %NUITRACK_HOME%/data
  • set the "Skeletonization.Type" parameter to "CNN_HPE"

Nuitrack AI Skeleton Tracking runs on the CPU and does not require an NVidia GPU.

for Unity

Hi @minux,

How are you? Has your issue been solved?
Would be great if you could provide some reply/feedback, we will be ready to help.
Thanks.

I apologize for the delay. I did as shown in the image above, but it doesn’t solve my problem.

Hi @minux,

Could you record a sample of the problem as shown here ?
This will help us figure out the issue.

Thanks.

The topic was closed automatically after 14 days without a response.