Nuitrack/Intel RealSense on Windows ISSUE

My current setup is the following:

-Intel RealSense D415

• Nuitrack PRO licence
  • Unity
    -Windows computer

I’ve got to part 4 in the “Initializing the Nuitrack SDK, Setting up the Scene and Checking the Skeleton Detection”

I’ve copied and pasted the script but Visual Studio gives me the following errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0111 Type ‘NativeAvatar’ already defines a member called ‘Update’ with the same parameter types Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 10 Active
Error CS0111 Type ‘NativeAvatar’ already defines a member called ‘OnGUI’ with the same parameter types Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 23 Active
Error CS0101 The namespace ‘’ already contains a definition for ‘NativeAvatar’ Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 6 Active
Error CS0229 Ambiguity between ‘NativeAvatar.message’ and ‘NativeAvatar.message’ Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 14 Active
Error CS0229 Ambiguity between ‘NativeAvatar.message’ and ‘NativeAvatar.message’ Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 18 Active
Error CS0229 Ambiguity between ‘NativeAvatar.message’ and ‘NativeAvatar.message’ Assembly-CSharp C:\Users\Giovanni Roberto\Documents\Unity\YndicaNuitrack\Assets\NewBehaviourScript.cs 27 Active

You’re creating a new script and calling it exactly the same as the tutorial script. Probaply in the same namespace. Which means there’s 2 scripts with the same name in the same namespace. Either call your script different or use Nuitracks script

Hi Giovanni,

Please make sure that there is only one NativeAvatar script in your project.

Ok thank you both for pointing this out!

So no matter what I do, I keep on getting the same errors:

New Project:
-> Nuitrack SDK loaded on Unity
-> Went into "Tutorials\FaceTracker\FinalAssets
-> Added the “FaceTracking” scene to the hierarchy
-> Added the “Head” prefab to the hierarchy with all the linked scripts

These are the errors I get:

UnityException: Build path contains project built with “Create Visual Studio Solution” option, which is incompatible with current build settings. Consider building your project into an empty directory.
UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.WindowsDesktopStandalonePostProcessor.CheckSafeProjectOverwrite (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinPlayer/Extensions/Managed/WindowsDesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:58)
DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/DesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:38)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Build completed with a result of ‘Failed’

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0021f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:187
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:94

Those are not the same errors. Those are different ones and seem to be unrelated to Nuitrack

Ok then, to come back to my first error. Would it be possible at all possible for you to send me a file with the “Creating your First Unity Project using Nuitrack SDK” project working?

I’m not quite sure I understand the written tutorial (not a native English speaker), and I seem to get stuck…

apologies if that is a hassle

You can find all tutorial projects in our NuitrackSDK.unitypackage (in Nuitrack SDK). For the first project, the path is Unity 3D → NuitrackSDK.unitypackage → Tutorials → First Project

Thanks Olga, issue has been resolved and it’s working now.

Thanks also to pklokgieters !

1 Like