Nuitrack with UWP?

I was wondering if it’s possible to run Nuitrack in a Unity UWP build. Currently I get the error:

DLLNotFoundException, Unable to load DLL Libnuitrack. The specified module could not be found.
Is it even possible to run UWP builds for this? Or should I not even bother trying?

Using the Intel Realsense D415

Hi Patrick,

Current Nuitrack SDK uses native С++ libraries built for Windows x86/x86_64 architecture. Besides it has some 3rd-party dependencies (drivers for depth cameras) which are available only for a desktop platform.

Hi Olga,

So this would mean that’s a no-go? We have a UWP app we would like to implement it in. Does this mean we need to find another solution? Or is it possible to make our own solution? Any idea’s/info are welcome.

I do see this option when selection the Nuitrack.net DLL in Unity. Changing it didn’t help, but UWP is there…
Capture

EDIT: I also get this in a normal standalone build with Unity.
EDIT2: Here’s the full log my UWP app outputes:

Initialize engine version: 2018.2.9f1 (2207421190e9)
UnloadTime: 0,375248 ms
DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘libnuitrack’: The specified module could not be found.
at nuitrack.NativeNuitrack.Init (System.String config) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
at NuitrackManager.NuitrackInit () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘libnuitrack’: The specified module could not be found.
at nuitrack.SkeletonTracker.Create () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
at Company.Scripts.MoveManager.Start () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

Trimming D3D resources.

Bump, Anyone an idea? We need to find a way to implement it in our app…

Did you add install-folder\nuitrack\bin to the PATH environment variable?

1 Like

Yes that’s added.

Error3

We’re running out of idea’s and this might be one of the deciding factors for us to choose Nuitrack or not.

UWP applications run with different permission sets to a normal executable - its all part of the walled garden stuff.

Have a look at the permissions on the Nuitrack folder path for one thing - and again verify that you have set the SYSTEM Path not the USER Path

But more importantly what is the NUITRACK_HOME environment variable set to - again also this must be a SYSTEM variable.

That error still seems to suggest that it maybe cant find the right place to start looking.

Westa

Hi Westa,

System has full control over the whole folder with everything(including the libnuitrack.dll) below it.
See screenshot below.

The NUITRACK_HOME variable is set under the system tab and so is the bin variable. See screenshots below.

And this one:

Nobody? I seem to be getting the same problem on a normal standalone build with Unity.

Hi, Patrick,

Please advise what Unity version do you use?
Also, please take a screenshot of the files in the nuitrack/bin directory on your PC.

Hi Olga,

I Use Unity 2018.2.9f below is a screenshot of my bin folder. Please note, I got it working on a normal standalone build. Not on UWP yet.

Unfortunately, there is no official support for Nuitrack with UWP at the moment. We’re working on a solution, however, the precise time frame for adding support is not determined yet.

Alright, good to know you’re working on it. Thanks for the info!