Problem achieving good performance using AI processing

Hi!

This my first post and I don’t know if this particular subject was treated before but I’ve been having some problems related to performance when AI processing is activated by modifying the corresponding .config file.

I’m currently implementing a C++ algorithm for calculating output power and velocity from athletes. In particular measuring an exercise called deadlift.

The thing is that when I run the examples provided by default in after configuring the mentioned file, everything runs smoothly as we can see in the next video.

good performance video sample

But then, when i run my own code, things get funny. I’m using version 0.35.9 of Nuitrack and OpenCV 3.4 along with ImGUI for a rapid prototyping of things. Supposedly it should draw circles on shoulders, wrists, waist and knees.

I worked my program up from these simple but great examples found on git hub: link

bad performance video sample

Lenovo Yoga slim 7 specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-1065G7 @ 1.3GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB

Anyway, my questions are:

• Can performance be drawn back by just using other resources like ImGUI? (in comparison with the examples)
  • Is my notebook not enough for handling all this processing?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Juan!
Could you please try to execute your code without Nuitrack AI and check if there is any difference.
Also, is it okay for you to share your code with us? We could try to run it and investigate the problem.

Looking forward to your response.