Python exiting at nuitrack.get_license() or get_modules() with Intel L515 bag file

hi, I have been working with .bag files from the intel D455 witouth any issue, but now bag files from the Intel L515 cause problems. There is noting wrong with the camera, I can run realtime analysis in python wit both D455 and L515.

When I run this code the last print statement is the one right before get_license(). If the camera L515 is plugged in as I run this code, then it prints the license, but exits at get_modules().

Here is the snipped of code that is modified to run from bag files. Note that this code works perfectly with D455 bag files and the camera doesn’t need to be plugged in.

nuitrack.set_config_value("Realsense2Module.FileRecord", path_to_bag_file) 
print(path_to_bag_file)
devices = nuitrack.get_device_list()
for i, dev in enumerate(devices):
	print(dev.get_name(), dev.get_serial_number())
	if i == 0:
		print(dev.get_activation())
		nuitrack.set_device(dev)

#start nuitrack 
print("getting version")
print(nuitrack.get_version())
print("getting license")
print(nuitrack.get_license())
print("getting modules")
nuitrack.create_modules()
print("prerun")
nuitrack.run()

Is there a way to make the L515 work as well as the D455?

Hi @Lossim

Could you please provide us with a sample of bag file where the problem appears?
It doesn’t have to be a meaningful recording, just a sample to reproduce the issue

hi @a.bragin, here is a file from the L515. I hope that this link will work.
Thank you!

https://udemontreal-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/louis-simon_guay_umontreal_ca/EaT7XfbAcqJIlKedxvZ1NMQBjAtXuDfy0ykd1SXPD8q7pA?e=eeAiMB

Hi @Lossim

Sorry for the silence.
We’ve taken your problem for testing. Will provide you with an answer/workaround in a couple days.

Hello @Lossim,

We’ve been investigating your bug recently, and I regret to say this, but we have been unable to
reproduce it. Everything works fine, and we can run the Nuitrack on the L515.bag file you provided with given code snippet and obtain data. It’s actually been a while since you’ve encountered the bug, and I have to ask whether you are still unable to run on the .bag file. If so, then there’s insufficient info to replicate your problem, and, to be able to help, we need to know:

1. Your OS.
  2. The source code. Complete file.
  3. Nuitrack version.

Otherwise, I would like to ask you to share the solution in this topic for other people who may
run into the same problem.

We’re sorry you have experienced such inconvenience.
Eagerly waiting for your feedback.

Hi @gvr,

I am really reassured that it works for you. I was worried that the data would be irretrievable – I have 180Gb of recorded data in a special setting for my master’s!
I am trying with new recordings and it still doesn’t work, here is the whole code that I am using currently. I am new to sharing python files, I hope that everything will be there.

My OS is windows 10 Home version 22H2
The nuitrack version is 0.36.10

Thank you, I really appreciate your help!

https://udemontreal-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/louis-simon_guay_umontreal_ca/EbqwLXk3UwZKqHgiWZKvYz0BiG2wozWiNE7rA-j1WDltSQ?e=MUsO6Q

Hey, @Lossim.

We’ve confirmed the bug you filed. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you
with a simple workaround now. We will fix it in one of the coming releases, and
we’ll notify you as soon as it is done.

We’re sorry you have encountered such an unpleasant bug.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

Great news! I’ll be waiting for the fix eagerly.
Thank you for your help @gvr!

Greetings, @Lossim.

We have found the reason of the bug, and while the fix is not yet in release,
we suggest the following workaround:

1. Download & install the lateset version of Realsense SDK. Such one can be found here.
    The file called Intel.RealSense.SDK-WIN10-version.exe.
  2. Navigate to the Realsense SDK binary folder. Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel RealSense SDK 2.0\bin\x64.
  3. Find there a file called “realsense2.dll” and copy it somewhere.
  4. After you have done that, rename the copied file to the following: “realsense2_mainline.dll”
  5. Open the Nuitrack binary folder. The default path is C:\Program Files\Nuitrack\nuitrack\nuitrack\bin.
  6. Rename existing realsense2_mainline.dll to realsense2_mainline.dll.backup
  7. Copy the file from the step 4 to the Nuitrack binary folder.

Please, let me know if I may be of your service somehow.

Hello, @Lossim.

We’re glad to tell you that your issue has been fixed in the latest update.

Feel free to contact us, if you have any other questions.

1 Like