Realsense D415 cannot be initialized

Hi

I just received a new real sense D415 and want to use it with the Nuitrack SDK (fresh install), especially with the nuitrack_console_sample. I am running Ubuntu 18.04 bionic server (no GUI).
After compiling, I get below’s error mission. Does anyone know what could be the reason for this error?
I am using the latest firmware 5.10.3 and followed the instructions on Github (2.15.0-0~realsense0.8).

Thank you very much in advance
Stefan

PS: And how can I disable the Errormessages above (i.e., disable Freenect, Astrapro*, etc)?

Usage: nuitrack_console_sample [path/to/nuitrack.config]
ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (can't open video capture)
DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (can't open video capture)
ERROR: Freenect not find devices
ERROR: Can't create DepthProvider: KinectDepthProvider
DepthProviderManager: Can't create DepthProvider: KinectDepthProvider
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
ERROR: Couldn't open device (	DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
DepthProviderManager: Couldn't open device (	DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
DepthProviderManager: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
DepthProviderManager: Couldn't initialize Realsense2: rs2_pipeline_start_with_config(pipe:0x55b91ee77230, config:0x55b91ee77270):
    Failed to resolve request. No device found that satisfies all requirements
ERROR: Can't configure DepthProviderManager

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'tdv::nuitrack::ModuleNotInitializedException'
  what():  
Aborted (core dumped)

Hi Stephan,
This may help you.

If you see “ERROR: Couldn’t open device …” message when trying to use Nuitrack, try to set permissions for USB devices with the following command:

sudo chmod -R 777 /dev/bus/usb/

Installation Instructions

Prasanna

Hi Prasanna

thanks for the reply. I executed the command (for the second time I think) and the results are the same. I think that the prior errors refer to different sensors the example is looking for. I think the relevant line is

DepthProviderManager: Couldn't initialize Realsense2: rs2_pipeline_start_with_config(pipe:0x55b91ee77230, config:0x55b91ee77270):
    Failed to resolve request. No device found that satisfies all requirements

-> The realsense is found (and unplugging it leads to a different output).

My guess is that the firmware is not compatible with the version of the librealsense shipped with Nuitrack. What do you think?

I also installed an xfce environment to rule out that a missing X server causes the problem and validated that the camera is running (realsense-viewer).

Best
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

1. You have to connect your camera via USB 3.0.
  2. We got the error DepthProviderManager: Couldn't initialize Realsense2: rs2_pipeline_start_with_config... if a camera is connected to USB2 port. To run Nuitrack with RealSense camera connected via USB2, try to modify nuitrack.config file:
  • sudo gedit /usr/etc/nuitrack/data/nuitrack.config
  • find the section “Realsense2Module.Depth” and add the lines
    "RawWidth": 640,
    "RawHeight": 480,

after the lines

"ProcessWidth": 640,
    "ProcessHeight": 480,

Sorry for the late reply–I just arrived back from a longer vacation to the Balkans.
The camera is definitively connected to USB 3 (actually 3.1 but that should not be a problem, right?). The board does not even have exposed USB2 connectors.
Plus, the realsense-viewer application works perfectly fine.

There is only one time 415 or 435 connected at a time.

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for a delayed reply.
We’re going to release a new Nuitrack version in the coming days. Please check if the issue occurs with the new version.

Great news! Thank you

I waited for the new release a couple of days ago (10/4/2018?) and installed the realsense
on a fresh ubuntu 18.04 install. However, Nuitrack’s samples crash immediately (Segmentation faults).
I can send the core dumps if that helps