I’ve installed Nuitrack following the instructions here
Sensor Intel RealSense D415 firmware 05.09.02
OS Windows10 64-Bit
IntelRealSense SDK2 installed and all functions working well

but the samples of Nuitrack don’t work:

nuitrack_ni_sample.exe doesn’t start.
nuitrack_c11_sample.exe shows the following error:
Start nuitrack c11
WARNING: Can not load library module: D:\eldas\Desktop\install-folder\nuitrack/middleware/NuitrackModule.dll
ERROR: Empty factory for DepthProvider
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘tdv::nuitrack::TerminateException’
what(): Empty factory for DepthProvider

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I will very appreciate the help to solve the problem!
Mariana

Hey, I’ve delete and reinstall or repair everything’s
Now I may track the skeleton but no RGB image.
It shows this Error:

Start nuitrack c11
ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
ERROR: Couldn't open device (   DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
DepthProviderManager: Couldn't open device (    DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
DepthProviderManager: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider

How could I solve this?
Mariana

Welcome on board. I have exactly the same probelsm as you have with same HW and configuration.
In additon the Unity SDK is non functional (issues to initialize the Nuitrack.dll).

Please make sure that you setup the Environment variables as SYSTEM variables as opposed to USER variables.

Also please make sure that you installed the OpenNI runtime - this is still required by Nuitrack for its initialisation - even though RealSense itself does not need it.

nuitrack_ni_sample wont run at all unless you manually register nuitrack as a library service inside OpenNI.
BUT I would not suggest you do this with intel sensors - as they dont support OpenNI.

nuitrack_C11_sample wont run unless OpenNI is installed AND the PATH and ENVIROMENT variables are configured for SYSTEM wide access …

Also make sure that the path location has read-write permissions for all users - your notes seem to imply an install to a Desktop folder — if this is a system Desktop folder then it would have limited file access permissions.

Put your files in their own directory - ideally just below the root folder path - and make sure that the folder has full access to all users - accessing the library wont work if the folder its stored in has reduced permissions.

And finally - I would suggest that you update the Intel D415 firmware

FWIW - we have been working with the D435 amd D415 under Windows 10 x64 for some time without any of the issues you are seeing.

Westa

Hello Westa, thank you for your answer!
I will follow all the indications and I let you know if works …

Hello Westa, I did all steps you propose me:
Environment variables as SYSTEM variables
OpenNI runtime installed
Path location with read-write permissions for all users
Intel D415 firmware is updated
But when I run the nuitrack_C11_sample it returns still the same error I describe above.

Start nuitrack c11
ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid)
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera! .... 

Could you help me to solve this?
Thank you!

Hi Mariana,

These errors are actually warnings and they’re displayed for diagnostic purposes only. If you see the line Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider it means that Nuitrack works fine.
In nuitrack_c11_sample RGB is not displayed. To view RGB image, please run nuitrack_sample from Nuitrack SDK 1.3.3 (last release).

Hi Olga, thank you very much for your answer!
I will try the sample you say!

best
Mariana