Realsense D455 detects depth distance problem

When I tested the D455, the sensing depth distance was only 2m.
If it exceeds 2m, the two-hand detection will often fail. (The feature point disappears directly, and both hands are gray)
The Orbbec Astra Pro has also been tested and it works fine and can reach depths up to 2.4m.
Is this normal? Or do I need to do extra settings for Realsense D455?

Nuitrack Runtime : v0.35.15
Realsense SDK: v2.50.0
Sensor : Realsense D455

Hi @Apple,

Sorry for the late reply.
Realsense D455 has worse depth frame quality than Astra Pro, so yes, it’s expected behavior.

Hi @Apple,

Has your issue been solved? Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for your reply, I know that the depth frame quality of Realsense D455 is worse than Astra Pro, but is it normal that the depth accuracy of Realsense D455 is only two meters?

Hi @Apple,

Could you please attach an input sequence example to figure out specific case / conditions. For Intel Realsense - *.bag file (could be recorded in Realsense Viewer).

We would use it to reproduce and analyze this issue on our side.

Thanks.

Here is my recorded bag file.
If you need any other information, let me know.

Hi @Apple,

We have investigated your *.bag file. Your sensor output data looks like as expected. The depth map on the Realsense D455 is not accurate on distance more than 2m. We recommend using Nuitrack AI Skeleton Tracking with Realsense D455 in cases where the working distance is more than 2 meters.

Hi @Apple,

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, I have no more questions.