[Solved] Nuitrack SDK on Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS

Hi,
I am new to NUITRACK SDK and I am trying to figure out if it is worth investing into or not.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS and using Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D435 to perform some skeleton tracking.

I have followed the installation guide for Ubuntu:
https://github.com/3DiVi/nuitrack-sdk/blob/master/doc/Install.md#ubuntu-linux

I check that both the environment variables NUITRACK_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are properly set. I have successfully compiled: NuitrackSDK/Examples/nuitrack_gl_sample

I also installed the package freeglut3-dev which was mentioned in the README.txt inside the sample folder.

but when I run the executable as follow:

% ./nuitrack_gl_sample

!457
Usage: nuitrack_gl_sample [path/to/nuitrack.config]
Press Esc to close window.
Can't find video camera!
Can't find Depth camera!
ERROR: Can't create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can't create RGB Stream (can't open video capture)
KinectDepthProvider: Devices not found
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can't open device (	DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can't create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can't initialize Realsense2: rs2_config_resolve(config:0x5620a835b8e0, pipe:0x5620a8371640):
    Couldn't resolve requests

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'tdv::nuitrack::ModuleNotInitializedException'
  what():  NuitrackException (ModuleNotInitializedException): Can't create DepthSensor module
AstraProPerseeDepthProvider: Can't create RGB Stream (can't open video capture)
KinectDepthProvider: Devices not found
OpenNI2DepthProvider: Can't open device (	DeviceOpen using default: no devices found
)
OpenNIDepthProvider: Can't create OpenNI DepthGenerator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!)
Realsense2DepthProvider: Can't initialize Realsense2: rs2_config_resolve(config:0x5620a835b8e0, pipe:0x5620a8371640):
    Couldn't resolve requests

[1]    2575 abort (core dumped)  ./nuitrack_gl_sample

The first time I ran the above command it actually worked, I let it run for ~1 minute and then I pressed CTRL+C to terminate the application and now I am unable to run it again. I have restarted my machine and disconnected/connected camera multiple time.

What is happening here?

Ok, I managed to solve this issue myself :slight_smile:

I remembered that I changed the original USB-C with one a bit longer. Once I replaced the cable to the original one delivered by Intel it started to work again.

I feel happy and annoyed at the same time now.

I let this topic live here in case other people manage to do the same thing in future.

I have the same problem on Windows.

So I search here.
And fortunate I sloved the issue.

I use original delivered by Intel.
I “re-Insert” and conversely insert to Real Sense sensor. (Because lt’s USB-C)
And I success. lol

So stupid,but sloving…

P.S. Before success my Real Sense can work but NUITRACK can’t! (So strange)