[SOLVED] Number of current detected people

Hello,

I made a pong game for 2 people (each controlling 2 platforms) and it works. However, if there is only 1 person there’s not much going on so I wanted to implement a simple AI. The AI works great when there is one person but I have a problem when there are 2 people. I tried using various IDs, and I tried to use the user count which I thought would work. But when I tested for 2 players the pong platforms for the second player froze.

so I used

void Update() {
        if (NuitrackManager.Users.Current != null && ControllerUser.Skeleton != null) {

if (ControllerUser.ID == 2) {
                    if (!GameObject.Find("PlayerLeft").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.activeSelf) {
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                    }
                    else {
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                    }

GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                    GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);

GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                    GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                }
                else if (NuitrackManager.UsersList.Count == 1) {
                    if(ControllerUser.ID == 1) {
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerLeft").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerLeft").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                    }
                    else if (ControllerUser.ID == 2) {
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerLeft").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerLeft").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("PlayerRight").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("AI1").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(true);
                        GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(0).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                        GameObject.Find("AI").transform.GetChild(1).gameObject.SetActive(false);
                    }
              }
       }
}

In the first if statement I used ControllerUserID == 2 just for testing and it also did not work. Then again the else if statement also does not work how I wanted with 2 people as NuitrackManager.UsersList.Count doesn’t return the number of detected people, rather it was always 1 whether there were 1 or 2 people. I know I also tried other Count methods but that too did not work. I’m sure it’s something simple but I’m stuck, so any insight would be much appreciated.

EDIT: A followup

In the first if statement I used

NuitrackManager.Users.Count == 2

and it worked as it detected 1 or 2 people, but only in the editor. When I made a build that no longer worked for some reason - I am now also running on a license if that makes any difference.

You can mark this as answered. The last solution with NuitrackManager.Users.Count worked like a charm as it does return the number of users (even in the build), I just had to fix the code inside the if statement for it to work like I needed it to.

1 Like