Switching Between Sensors

Hi,

My company is comparing the Kinect 2.0 to Nuitrack, and we are constantly switching between the two sensors in code. Nuitrack won’t run if a Kinect is connected to the computer. If I was to unplug the Kinect from the computer, Nuitrack runs fine. Any ideas as to what would be causing this/work-arounds for this problem?

Hi Patrick,

Please advise do you connect two sensors simultaneously?
Does Nuitrack work if you connect only one Kinect to your PC or not?

Hi Olga,

Thanks for the response! To answer your question, yes, both the sensors are connected simultaneously to the same computer. I have an Orbbec Astra and a Kinect 2.0 connected to the computer. In my code, I have a toggle you can flip to choose to either use the Nuitrack SDK (with the Astra) or the Kinect SDK (with the Kinect). If both sensors are plugged into the computer, and I flip it to use the Nuitrack SDK, the Astra won’t initialize because the Kinect is also connected to the computer. If I was to unplug the Kinect and try again, the Astra initializes fine. I’ve tried plugging the sensors into different USBs, but that doesn’t solve the problem. I want to be able to switch between the two sensors with both of the plugged in to the same machine.

Unfortunately, at the time Nuitrack does not support connection of multiple sensors. Nuitrack works with the first supported sensor connected to a PC.