Trial during only 10 to 20 seconds

Hello,

I have been working with nuitrack for some time now and i noticed that the license mostly stops just after 10-20 second. This is really annoying to test my product with whilst in development. I have to start the game 2 or 3 times just to get a long enough time to test one quick thing. On the site it states that the trial has 3 minutes but it has never been that long. It impressive if i could make it to 2 minutes.

So my question is how can I get the full 3 minutes instead of 10 to 20 seconds?

I’m using unity 2018.1.4f1.

Cheers,

TheNoNinja

Hi TheNoNinja,

1. What is your OS?
  2. What sensor do you use?
  3. Please check standard Nuitrack samples (for example, nuitrack_csharp_sample from Nuitrack SDK). Do they work? If not, please provide us with the output. If yes, please check our Unity samples (Nuitrack SDK/Unity3D/NuitrackSDK.unitypackage). Try to open “AllModulesScene” from our Unity package to check the issue.

Hey olga,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I use windows 10
I use the intel realsense D435
I checked the nuitrack_csharp_sample but it stop also very quickly. Same for the unity examples.

Please try to run C++ samples as well (for example, nuitrack_c11_sample from Nuitrack Runtime). And please provide us with the output. It’ll help us to understand what causes the issue.

c# sample : ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid) DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid) ERROR: Couldn't open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found ) DepthProviderManager: Couldn't open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found ) ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!) DepthProviderManager: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!) Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider

c++ sample:ERROR: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid) DepthProviderManager: AstraProPerseeDepthProvider can't create RGB Stream (VideoCapture device ID is not valid) ERROR: Couldn't open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found ) DepthProviderManager: Couldn't open device ( DeviceOpen using default: no devices found ) ERROR: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!) DepthProviderManager: Can not create OpenNI depth generator (OpenNI Status: Can't create any node of the requested type!) Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider

1. Please advise do you connect only one sensor to your PC?
  2. What Nuitrack Runtime version do you use? These warnings were hidden in our last release.
  3. Do C++ samples crash in 10-20 seconds as well?
  1. I only have on sensor connected but I do have a htc Vive connected as well.

2. I didn’t really know where to look for the version number but I use the one just before the face tracker was added.

3. The c++ doesn’t

1. What .NET platform version do you use?
  2. Please try to update Nuitrack Runtime.

.NET 3.5

i updated it but i still have that it sometimes just stops after I just stand up to test it.

updated console outputs
c++: Start nuitrack c11 Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider
Cs: SETUP - COM already setup - threaded VI might not be possible Create DepthProvider: Realsense2DepthProvider LicenseNotAcquired exception. Exception:

And yes it stops after the :

1. Did you activate Nuitrack before? Do you use Nuitrack Pro or Nuitrack Trial?
  2. Please check the %NUITRACK_HOME%/data folder. Does it contain license.json?
  3. If yes, please send this file to us (in a private message or to support-nuitrack@3divi.com).

I use nuitrack trial which is supposed to last 3 minutes.
So I don’t have the licence.json because im still testing if this sdk provides what I want.
And just sometimes I made something enter play mode and stand up to try it. it just starts erroring that the trial ended. And i don’t take 3 minutes to stand up.

I made some changes to the standard nuitrack manager scrip to time the trial. These are the changes made:

if (!pauseState)
{
    try
    {
        nuitrack.Nuitrack.Update();
    } catch (nuitrack.LicenseNotAcquiredException e)
    {
        print("Trial Ended after: " + Time.timeSinceLevelLoad + " seconds");
    }
}

And this is the result

So i only had 4 seconds to try my game.

I feel like its getting even shorter by the day. Is the trial getting shorter with the amount of things you do?

I never got more than 1 minute and that is even when im lucky

This was in the pointcloud example scene

If possible, check Nuitrack with another sensor.
That’s really strange that C++ samples work fine and C# sample crashes in 10-20 seconds in your case.
Could you please run nuitrack_csharp_sample again and provide us with the output showing the exception? And also send us the screenshot of Unity error log.

Hello @olga.kuzminykh, I seem to have the similar problem, except my trial is 2-3 seconds.

Windows x64 with Kinect v1, I have tried with Unity package and with nuitrack_c11_sample.exe like you have mentioned in previous comments.

Do you have any idea how to get his trial time up to 3 minutes? Since I cannot evaluate anything with just 2 seconds (as soon as camera turns on, the screen freezes with “Please get a licence” label)

Hi Jovanka,

Sorry for the issues you’ve encountered.

This is normal behavior of Nuitrack. To use Nuitrack Trial, you have to activate the trial license. Nuitrack Trial has the same functions as Nuitrack Pro except for time limit (3 minutes). To generate the trial license, you have to create (or log in to) your Nuitrack personal account. Then, you’ll be able to generate as many trial licenses as you need (one trial license for one PC).

Hi, I’ve activated the trial license with the “activation_tool/Nuitrack.exe”, but the file “license.json” isn’t there.

In my Nuitrack personal account the trial license is shown as active.
Also, when I open “activation_tool/Nuitrack.exe” I have the option to “Remove License”.

The tests run for 2-3 seconds, Like @jcvc.

Dear Felipe Drude.

Try the following steps:

1. Delete all existing licenses in the Nuitrack.exe.
  2. Run Nuitrack as an administrator.
  3. Activate your new license (Trial / Pro).

Looking forward to your feedback.