Ubuntu 16.04 for TViCO

Hello…

I’m interested in using TViCO for my work.

Would love to know about it’s usability in Ubuntu 16.04.

Is there any documentation or getting started concerning TViCO?

Any kind of suggestion or feed is highly welcome.

Prasanna

Hi Prasanna,

Are you interested in TVico or Orbbec Persee?

TVico is an interactive Android computer with a 3D sensor and RGB camera. Three cases are available:

1. TVico as a standalone device
  2. TVico + PC (only skeleton data is transmitted). In this case, TVico acts as a server - you have to connect it via Wi-Fi to your PC.
  3. TVico + Android device (all modules data is transmitted). In this case, TVico acts as a server - you have to connect it via Wi-Fi to your Android device.

You can find more information about TVico usage in our TVico User Guide

I’m interested in TViCO becaus eof the license. I don’t have don’t have worry about that later.

I have no idea about how I’ll be using TVico.

I want to do something like:

1. use Ubuntu or windows inside standalone TViCO for OpenCV related stuff
  2. Use TViCO as a server for high-end operation that I’ll be doing in first.

so my question is that can I use TViCO as a computer + sensor that I’m currently doing with PC + Orbbec Astra Pro.

If these options are no feasible what can I do ? Should I use Orbbec Persee and buy a license?

I’m neither an Android user nor a Java Programmer.

You have two options:

1. You can use Orbbec Persee, install Linux on the sensor and use it with a PC. In this case, you have to purchase the license for Persee with Linux ARMv7. Processing will be performed on the sensor.

2. You can use TVico + PC. You cannot install Linux on TVico, only Android is available (if you want to use TVico as a server). Processing is performed on TVico, Nuitrack is running on TVico. You can develop and run an app on your PC and transmit the data from TVico via Wi-Fi, BUT only skeleton data is transmitted (no gestures, no user segment, etc.).