UE5 plugin crashes

Hi,

I’m using the latest 1.1 Nuitrack UE5 plugin in UE 5.3.2 with an Intel RealSense camera. It is working fine, really easy to use from Unreal. However I experience frequent crashes in the editor and running the packaged build as well. I know the plugin is only in beta and things like this can be expected. Anyone else experiencing similar things? Can I do anything to help eliminate these crashes?

-Gabor

Describe in more detail in which cases the editor crashes.
For example, about 3 minutes after launch?

It’s not the trial license crash, because we have bought a license and we are experiencing the same behaviour. I cannot access the RealSense D455 now, but I’m trying to reproduce the behaviour with a RealSense D415 device with a trial license. Unfortunately I could not, but I will report when I find something.

It would be nice if the plugin did not crash when the trial period is exceeded, though :). It would be easier to eliminate real problems.

Which USB version is displayed in realsense viewer?

It would be nice if the plugin did not crash when the trial period is exceeded, though :). It would be easier to eliminate real problems.

I agree, we are working on it :slight_smile:

Which USB version is displayed in realsense viewer?

It’s USB 3.2.

I agree, we are working on it :slight_smile:

That’s great. Thank you.

I got hold of the camera and it have been working fine for hours on another computer. It is probably a hardware issue. Either USB cable or PC problem.

1 Like

Indeed, most of the problems with Realsense are related to cables (Incorrect USB version, extension cord, and other reasons). We will add this as a note in the Readme. Thank you for reporting this

@gabor Do you have any other questions?

Unfortunately the crash still happens on the target machine and we could not figure out the cause. I will get back to you later.

@gabor

The plugin has been updated (stability improvements)

Now editor does not crash after the end of the trial period and in some other cases. Perhaps there will also be improvements in your case
https://bit.ly/nuitrack-unreal-engine-5

Thanks Stepan. I will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello @gabor
Has it become more stable to work?

Hi Stepan,

Yes it did. I have been testing for 5 days on site with the original cable of the camera and there are no problems so far. It must have been the cable, although it was very difficult to make sure, because the crash hasn’t happened for hours.

1 Like

Nice :tada:
Do you have any more questions about Nuitrack?

Not at the moment. Thanks.
I will start an other thread if anything comes up.

1 Like