Unity editor freeze instead of throwing exception. Unity 2018.3.5f1

as easy as:

GameObject g = null;;
g.name = “coco”;

run with nuitrack -> Editor freeze
run without nuitrack -> Nullreferenceexception

Hi Martin,

We have checked this with Unity 2017.4 and 2018.3.5.f1 and everything works fine in our case. Please provide us with a script or any other additional info.

I have the exact same problem. Any NullRefException (or any other Exception for that matter), freezes Unity instantly. I have to kill the editor through the Task Manager and reboot it. It’s an absolute burden on development and makes the implementation of NuiTrack almost unbearable.

I’ve also noticed that Unity becomes very unstable as soon as I’m using the NuiTrack SDK. A lot of SDK-calls simply crash Unity as a whole (see my other topic for a simple easy to test example). It very unpleasant to be honest.

Also the lack of support in terms of properly documenten SDK functionality and the lack of active support on these forums make me wonder if the product is viable in the first place.

I’m using the latest version of the NuiTrack SDK, running Windows 10 and Unity 2018.4.12f1, but the problems occur on almost any relevant Unity version. I also have Pro license of NuiTrack and re-installed NuiTrack multiple times in different locations. I am also running everything through an administrator account.

Hi oug,

Also the lack of support in terms of properly documenten SDK functionality and the lack of active support on these forums make me wonder if the product is viable in the first place.

Our main support channel is the Support Desk: support-nuitrack@3divi.com. We respond to all requests and questions from our clients within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).

Nuitrack Community is mainly intended for communication between our clients. However, our developers also respond to the issues connected with Unity within several days.

Besides, you can use the following resources for reference: