Unity: ModuleNotInitializedException: NuitrackException with Intel Realsense D435

I am trying to play around with this camera in unity, but when I try to use it’s depth features, I get the following error:
ModuleNotInitializedException: NuitrackException: ModuleNotInitializedException
nuitrack.NativeImporter.throwException (ExceptionType type)
nuitrack.NativeDepthSensor…ctor ()
nuitrack.DepthSensor.Create ()
NuitrackManager.NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/NuitrackManager.cs:187)
NuitrackManager.Awake () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/NuitrackManager.cs:110)

NuitrackManager.cs:187 =
depthSensor = nuitrack.DepthSensor.Create();

So far I know that the Intel Realsense D415 works with this exact same project.

any help or experiences with the D435 would be greatly appreciated!

There are a number of known firmware issues with different versions of the realsense system.
Get your firmware up to the highest possible revision for starters. Intel are still shipping very old firmware that is not technically even supported by the current SDK from intel itself.

Westa

Hello,

My D435 is currently running version 5.9.2.0 which is a pretty old version, you are correct!
I have tried using the DFU tool to upgrade to versions 5.10.3 and 5.9.14 and in both cases my camera just disconnects as soon as it starts updating (when i press enter windows plays the device disconnected sound)

Here is my console output:

=======================================================================================================
Intel ™ Firmware Update:
[1] Intel® RealSense™ 430 with RGB Module Depth (FW Version: 5.9.2.0)

Enter camera number to update: (any out of bounds index to go back to main menu)1
Enter path and filename (e.g. c:\Documents\newFirmware.bin: )C:\Users\snova\Downloads\IntelRealSenseFirmwarev5_9_14\Signed_Image_UVC_5_9_14_0.bin
Updating firmware to C:\Users\snova\Downloads\IntelRealSenseFirmwarev5_9_14\Signed_Image_UVC_5_9_14_0.bin
No DFU device was connected
Failed to burn firmware
Press any key to continue . . .

Could you give me a suggestion on how to do this properly?

Thank you kindly,
Evan Snook

This is a very well know - but poorly documented issue.

Basically its your computer hardware not being totally compatible - or the exact right usb3.1 specification - with the right windows os drivers and such.

We found that systems running older builds of windows 10 seem not to have the issue.

What is happening is that when the DFU program runs - it tells the d435 to switch in to a special update mode which appears as a different device type…

When it does this windows then tries to find the right device driver for the DFU device - and fails to correctly install a valid compatible driver.

Best bet - find a windows 10 computer that has not been updated to the creators edition - and cross your fingers

Sorry for not being of much better help than that - INTEL have been burying their head in this sand on this for months and months.

Westa

Thank you for that!

I have insured that my D435 is running the most recent firmware because I had a laptop laying around with a slightly older version of windows, however my problem persists.

When I try to run the unity scene in the SDK:
NuitrackSDK/Tutorials/First Project/BasicSkeleton.unity

I end up with the same error:

ModuleNotInitializedException: NuitrackException: ModuleNotInitializedException
nuitrack.NativeImporter.throwException (ExceptionType type)
nuitrack.NativeDepthSensor…ctor ()
nuitrack.DepthSensor.Create ()
NuitrackManager.NuitrackInit () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/NuitrackManager.cs:187)
NuitrackManager.Awake () (at Assets/NuitrackSDK/Nuitrack/NuitrackManager.cs:110)

I can run scenes from the realsense SDK with no problem, but unfortunately I need the skeletal tracking from Nuitrack to do what I want

Evan Snook

Before running the unity examples - you should first run the core nuitrack examples to make sure that your system is correctly configured - and is actually capturing the depth data and tracking a skeleton.

Westa