Unity SDK fail to import

I was following the tutorial “Creating your First Unity Project using Nuitrack SDK” but cannot import the SDK into unity with error “Failed to import package with error: Couldn’t decompress package”

Hi @ryanfjh

please tell what Nuitrack SDK version are you using? Did you clone it using the git clone command from https://gitlab.com/3DiVi/nuitrack-sdk? If yes, try to execute additional commands in your git repository:

$ git lfs install
$ git lfs pull

If you downloaded the source code in zip/tar.gz/... format you also need to download LFS files in these folders:

• Platforms (for your platform)
  • Unity3D (NuitrackSDK.unitypackage)

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
I’m using Nuitrack v0.33.0 from gitlab
I downloaded the zip file and extracted it directly. There is already a Platform folder. Should I copy/paste it into the Unity3D folder as well?

Hi @ryanfjh

you should manually download files from the web and copy them to folders Platforms (Nuitrack installer) and Unity3D (NuitrackSDK.unitypackage) as downloaded zip-archive has no LFS files.

Hi, thank you for the information. I have another question.

To use nuitrack in unity(the tutorials) do I need to purchase the pro licence or is the trial licence sufficient?

Hi @ryanfjh

yes, the trial license is sufficient

Thank you. Another follow up.
I’m following the Creating your First Unity Project using Nuitrack SDK I’m stuck since the camera doesn’t seem to get activated when I run the build and therefore the program never finds the user. The samples in the activation tool work for me but I can’t seem to get unity to work with the camera (D435)

Hi @ryanfjh

do you have any warning or exception messages while trying to run Unity examples? If yes, please refer to Known Issues ([Unity] section).

I get over 200 warnings when importing the asset but no exception or warning when building. The problem is not solved by the Known Issue page

Hi @ryanfjh

could you please attach Unity log/dump files after you get warnings and after you start Unity scene?

I was able to get the sample scenes to work(play within Unity) but if I build and run the sample scene it doesn’t work. Is this because of the trial license?
Another question, can nuitrack be used to record a clip and perform motion capture for animation(not realtime)?

Hi @ryanfjh

Is this because of the trial license?

Nuitrack Trial license has no limits compared to Nuitrack PRO license except session time limit (it’s equal to 3 minutes).

Another question, can nuitrack be used to record a clip and perform motion capture for animation(not realtime)?

Please refer to the Recording Animation using Nuitrack and Motion Capture tutorial.

I imported the completed tutorial and ran the scene. The character does move around. However, it is not recording the animation. The red dot doesn’t show up either. Any idea what’s wrong?

Dear Ryanfjh.

I answered you here: