Using connectOnNewUser and connectOnLostUser

Hi there,

I’m wondering what the syntax for the functions connectOnNewUser and connectOnLostUser?

From my understand, they work similarly to connectOnUpdate where you connect a function which is called on a user entering/leaving, however I can’t get the syntax right and I can’t see anything in the manual.

I was using the connectOnUpdate as a template which might be where I was going wrong

skeletonTracker->connectOnUpdate(std::bind(&ASkeletalTrackerComponent::OnSkeletonUpdate, this, std::placeholders::_1)); 

then the code for the two functions. OnNewUser and OnLoseUser are the names of the functions that I wish to call when the events happen

skeletonTracker->connectOnNewUser(std::bind(&ASkeletalTrackerComponent::OnNewUser, this, std::placeholders::_1));
skeletonTracker->connectOnLostUser(std::bind(&ASkeletalTrackerComponent::OnLoseUser, this, std::placeholders::_1));

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Hi! Sorry for late answer.
OnNewUser and OnLoseUser should have the following signature: void (SkeletonTracker::Ptr, int)
Second parameter is user’s ID.
So correct code should be:

skeletonTracker->connectOnNewUser(std::bind(&ASkeletalTrackerComponent::OnNewUser, this, std::placeholders::_1, std::placeholders::_2));
skeletonTracker->connectOnLostUser(std::bind(&ASkeletalTrackerComponent::OnLoseUser, this, std::placeholders::_1, std::placeholders::_2));

@swindy
:fire: Good news everyone :fire:
Now you can download the plugin from the store!
Using “Nuitrack” in Unreal has never been so easy.
Do not hesitate to ask in case you have any questions