Inquiries regarding and generating he recording (Excel file) of 3D coordinates of joints

Dear Community,

I am a beginner with limited knowledge of programming (unfortunately). I would like to record and generate the 3D coordinates of the joints across the time (let’s say 10-15 minutes) to check the change of posture in human being.

Is there any executable file or a simple programming command that I can use for this purpose please?

Beforehand, thanks for your time to read my post and grateful for your comments/suggestion.

1 Like

Hi @Babak

Take a look at our code Examples : https://github.com/3DiVi/nuitrack-sdk/tree/master/Examples

More specifically this snippet : https://github.com/3DiVi/nuitrack-sdk/blob/master/Examples/nuitrack_multisensor_sample/src/main.cpp#L38
This will get you joint coordinates
skeleton.joints[j].proj projection coords
skeleton.joints[j].real real 3D coords

1 Like

Hi @Babak

Do you have any other questions? Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help.

1 Like

Dear @a.bragin Alexy,

Thank you very much for your time and follow-up on my request.
Sorry that I am layman in using codes, etc.

Shall I input these codes to the Nuitrack software once opens or may you give me further advice (or how to do it as a beginner), please?
Will these provide real time coordinates and will I be able to record them too?

Sorry for my basic questions as I am just a beginner in using codes/prpgramming.

Thank you very much.

Babak

Hello @Babak,

We will publish applications for writing skeleton data to an Excel file by the end of next week.

Could you please specify your operating system?

Dear @irakli ,

Thank you very much for your kind attitude and making it like an application which could be easier for beginner users with less experience on programming to extract the skeleton data through the Excel file.

I really appreciate it.

I use Windows 10 system.

I believe your application could be quite helpful to many users and it can also be incorporated into Nuitrack application interface as well.

Looking forward to hearing good news.

Babak

Greetings,

Here’s a link to the tool mentioned before by @irakli: click, and there’s also a couple of files with useful info. To install the tool, follow the instructions in the README.txt file.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Dear @gvr (Egor) and @irakli Irakli,

Thank you very much for your time and efforts to design and share such helpful tool for recording of the coordinates.

Have a wonderful day

Hi @Babak

Let us know if you have any questions or need further guiding.

Dear @a.bragin Alexy, and @irakli Irakli and Egor

Thank you very much for your team’s efforts in making such application. I really appreciate it.

I was wondering apart recording the coordinates (x,y,z), is it possible to add some function to record the real time angle of each joint (connecting limb components) and access to it in Excel file too? It will be quite helpful for 2D assessment of angles of subjects during standing or once they do some task.

Beforehand, I apologize if my questions look basic but I really appreciate your team’s efforts to respond to even layman applicants and users of Nuitrack system.

Thanks

Hello, @Babak.

We don’t quite understand what you mean by saying “2D assessment of angles”.
In order to implement such a feature, we need to know the gist of your phrase.
So, please, could you tell us a little bit more?

As soon as we get all the required info, we’ll discuss this feature at the next techincal meeting.
We’re looking forward to your response.

Dear @gvr Egor,

Thank you very much for such a great support from your side to follow-up all cases closely.
Regarding my request, as you know the joints in Nuitrack are connected to each other through the lines in between and as such we can say new “segments” are created like forearm, arm, thigh, leg, etc.

I was wondering is it possible we see the real time angle between two nearby segments and also is it possible these values be recorded in Excel file or something like that, please?

As I mentioned earlier, the question might look layman as most of users might in more advanced level to apply the sensor, but your patience and support is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hello, @Babak.

Sorry for a delayed reply.

All joints’ spins are stored in a spatial rotation matrix, which can be used to compute
angles of interest. (like the ones you drew)
We can export these matrices to an excel file if that fulfills your needs.
Is it fine for you?

We’re awaiting for your response.

1 Like

Dear @gvr Egor , Alexy and Irakli,

Thank you very much for your kind follow up and support. I really appreciate it.
Yes, I exactly mean the joint’s angles. This is great to know that they are stpred in matrix format. Is it possible these calculated angles (let’s say in excel file) be added to your previously created application/tool (coordinate recorder) that you kindly developed previously under this post, please?

It will be great if I can have both coordinates and the angles under unique tool/application, please.

I really appreciate your support and looking forward to seeing the calculated angles in layman language for basic users like me.

Thanks again. :blush:

Greetings, @Babak.

We’re glad this format satisfies your needs. We will add the rotation matrix
in the nearest time, and, once it is done, we will mention you here.

Thank you for your interest towards the Nuitrack.

1 Like

Dear @gvr and Nuitrack Team,

Thank you very much. Looking forward to see more functions in this application.
I appreciate your efforts.

Hello, @Babak.

After some consideration, we have decided not to export the matrix mentioned before, because
it won’t fulfill your needs. As an alternative, we suggest that we export
manually calculated angles of your interest, but to do so, we need more info.
To be precise, we want to know exactly what angles you need. The ones you drew
are not that descriptive in terms of the overall number of necessary angles. This
is important because we can easily implement such angels for elbows and knees,
but it may take a longer time to do the same for shoulders, for example.

So, could you, please, tell us about all the angles you need? It will be convenient if
They are all present in some kind of list.

We’re eagerly waiting for your response.

1 Like

Dear @gvr and Nuitrack Team,

Thanks for your continuied follow-up on my request.

According to the skeleton scheme of your “coordinates recorder”, I am interested to know the real -time calculated of the following joints across a period of time ( lets say 15-20 minutes) " if possivle please":

1. Joint Neck

2. Joint Left and Right shouulder

3. Joint LEft and Right elbow

4. Joint Left and Right Wrist.

5. Joint Torso

6. Joint Left and Right hip
    &

7. Joint Left and Right Knee

Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey, @Babak.

Sorry for a delayed reply.

We can compute everything you listed except wrist joints.
I’ll mention you here when the tool is updated.

1 Like

Dear @gvr , and @irakli

Thank you very much for your kind efforts.
I am looking forward to the release of new version of Nuitrack coordinate recorder application including the “angles”. Unfortunately the current version did not work on my system in spite of enormous efforts of @irakli , I appreciate the time you all put forwards.

We hope the new version of the application could be run on my system.

Thanks again and please mention me here once the new version of application is ready.