TVico Orbbec Persee Quality

Hey guys,
I have bought Orbbec Persee and connected to the Unity Engine. But the quality of the Camera is not like the device’s camera.

I have taken a build with Nuitrack SDK and it should access the camera and display what it sees in the screen but the quality is :

I have followed the instructions given as per this section.

for setting up unity with TVico and followed this tutorial.

But the quality is very poor. Is this the max quality that it can provide?

Hi Saiguru,

Please describe your use case in more detail. For example, if you develop an Android app in Unity and run it on TVico, you don’t have to use TVico as server and should install Nuitrack.apk instead of TVico.apk on your TVico.

Hi,
I took the build of the RGB skeleton, all works as expected, except for the camera quality. The quality is poor!!

Currently, Orbbec Persee has Nuitrack.apk installed along with this RGBSkeleton Build (RGBSkeleton.apk)
Each time I start RGBSkeleton.apk it requires me to start Nuitrack.apk as well

Did you install Nuitrack.apk or TVico.apk? These two apps are both named “Nuitrack” after the installation.

Nuitrack.apk was installed from Installation Instructions.

it seems you run app on PC using stream from Persee, correct? did you try to run it on TVico itself?

Built the application as android app on PC (using Unity) and transferred to TVico for testing

Default resolution is 320x240. Perhaps, the resolution in your own project is different. You can change the resolution with Nuitrack API:

Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("AstraProPerseeDepthProvider.Depth.Width", "640");
Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("AstraProPerseeDepthProvider.Depth.Height", "480");

I heard next version of Persee will have HD resolution for RGB and more powerful processor

I tried setting the value in Nuitrack Manager

but the output quality remains the same.

Persee (current version) RGB maximum resolution - 1280720, but when using with Nuitrack it is recommended to use VGA or QVGA. current hardware does not support 19201080

Could you clarify once again what is your use case? You’ve mentioned that you installed Nuitrack.apk. This app is used for a standalone case (apps are installed to TVico, TVico is connected to a TV/monitor). In this case, you don’t have to specify the resolution values in WiFiConnect.TVico. Instead, you have to specify the values after nuitrack.Nuitrack.Init():

if ((Application.isEditor || Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.WindowsPlayer) && wifiConnect != WifiConnect.none)
        {
            if (wifiConnect == WifiConnect.VicoVR)
            {
                nuitrack.Nuitrack.Init("", nuitrack.Nuitrack.NuitrackMode.DEBUG);
                nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("Settings.IPAddress", "192.168.1.1");
            }

if (wifiConnect == WifiConnect.TVico)
            {
                nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("Settings.IPAddress", "192.168.43.1");
            }
        }
        else
	{
            nuitrack.Nuitrack.Init();
	    // your code here
	}

Hi,
It’s a stand-alone case and it was a mistake to mention that resolution values in the Wifi part and I Changed after you said to the else part of the code and still, the quality remains the same.

The current code is :
if ((Application.isEditor || Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.WindowsPlayer) && wifiConnect != WifiConnect.none)
{
if (wifiConnect == WifiConnect.VicoVR)
{
nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue(“Settings.IPAddress”, “192.168.1.1”);
}

if (wifiConnect == WifiConnect.TVico)
        {
            nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("Settings.IPAddress", "192.168.43.1");
        }
    }
    else
    {
        nuitrack.Nuitrack.Init();
        nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("AstraProPerseeDepthProvider.Depth.Width", "1280");
        nuitrack.Nuitrack.SetConfigValue("AstraProPerseeDepthProvider.Depth.Height", "720");
    }

and is connected to the monitor via HDMI. The quality remains the same.

But if I open the Nuitrack and run compatibility test, I am able to get the quality I am expecting which is :

Please advise do you see the “Nuitrack Server” notification after you run Nuitrack app? (see the image below)

If yes, it means that you installed TVico.apk on TVico (the app is named “Nuitrack”). In this case, uninstall Nuitrack app and install Nuitrack.apk.

1 Like

Yes, it was showing as Nuitrack server in the notification. Uninstalled that app and installed the new .apk you have sent over.

It says System Check OK and when I click on Run to check it out, it is not displaying anything.

Even the laser project which gets Turned ON when I was using the previous apk is also not getting Turned ON.

Please reboot TVico.

Thanks for your help, it works as expected